Heart trouble

Old July 14th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Allen[_1_]

Default Heart trouble

"James Sleeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
C J Campbell wrote:
fibrillation. It doesn't look good for my flying status,

P'shaw, plenty of other ways to get high, Sport Pilot, Ultralight,
Lawn Chair...

And he can still instruct without a medical, just not where he is required
to be pilot-in-command.

Allen

Old July 14th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

On Jul 14, 11:34 am, RomeoMike wrote:
Tina wrote:
Dan, this is the internet: anything goes, and buyer beware. Romeo Mike
is intitled to his opinions (wrong as they are -- smile).

Tina

OK, I'm curious. By wrong I assume you mean incorrect. Specifically what
did I say that was "wrong"? Please use quotes.

Well, how about this?

"But you're sounding a
little like MX when he Googles something he's totally ignorant of,
then
comes on here".

It may have appeared so to you, but not to others. You, by the way,
have no idea of my credentials in this area, but I did indicate early
and often I was not expert, and suggested early and often the points I
had been making would be worth considering when discussing the case
with his MD.

Is this going to be some form of a 'he said' 'she said' contest? I
choose not to play.

Tina

Old July 14th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Milen E. Lazarov

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.aviation.piloting.]
On 2007-07-14, Doug Vetter wrote:
Check out Aviatrix's blog (particularly the archives from 3-6 months
ago) for similar comments and one pilot's experience with Warfarin.
Take her account with a grain of salt, however, as she's Canadian, and
their medical standards are apparently far more strict than in the US.

http://airplanepilot.blogspot.com/

-Doug

I had the same problem as her this winter but in the USA. Things are much
better hre, from pilot's pint of view. You can get a special issuance
medical even while on coumadin - it requires 4 INR test withing the target
range out 5 in the last month before getting the medical. Once you're off
it, you still need a special issuance but you need different blood work -
pretty much anything related to blood coagulation, which may be a bit
expensive. Since I was on the coumadin only for 3 months, I just waited to
get off it and went for my medical after that - currently I have a non-
restricted class 1. So it's certainly better and easier for pilots here
than in Canada. And good luck your heart problems!

--

SDF Public Access UNIX System -
http://sdf.lonestar.org
Old July 14th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RomeoMike

Tina wrote:

Well, how about this

"But you're sounding a
little like MX when he Googles something he's totally ignorant of,
then
comes on here".

OK, I apologize. I should have inserted "to me" so that it read, "But
you're sounding to me like..." Then it would have been more obvious that
it was my opinion.

It may have appeared so to you, but not to others. You, by the way,
have no idea of my credentials in this area, but I did indicate early
and often I was not expert, and suggested early and often the points I
had been making would be worth considering when discussing the case
with his MD.

My point was that when someone posts on something important (like air
safety or medical issues, for example) it's legitimate, even on Usenet,
to inquire as to the source of that info or wonder about the credentials
of the poster. That's why I initially asked, "Where is all this medical
advice coming from?" I got no direct answer to that specific question
which increased my suspicions that the info was coming from the internet
or indirectly from a third party. And knowing that gives me a better
idea where to file the info.

I'd say "cheers," but that might offend someone.

Old July 14th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jules

RomeoMike wrote:
That's why I initially asked, "Where is all this medical
advice coming from?" I got no direct answer

Direct answer???? Ha you waited 5 hours then wrote...

"I'm basically asking why someone who is not qualified"

Tina, has a life.
It's obvious what you were basically trying to do.
And if the truth were known here, she's pretty qualified.

If you want out of a hole, stop using the shovel, try a ladder?

"Class" and credibility points, awarded to Tina.

Old July 14th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RomeoMike

Jules wrote:

Direct answer???? Ha you waited 5 hours then wrote...

"I'm basically asking why someone who is not qualified"

numbered statements, none of which answered the question of where the
info she gave was coming from.

And if the truth were known here, she's pretty qualified.

Please elaborate.

Old July 14th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jules

RomeoMike wrote:

And if the truth were known here, she's pretty qualified.

Please elborate.

It means; if you knew who she was, you would stop digging and use the
ladder. (A polite way of saying you would shut up.) She has obvious
reasons for not saying, but you wouldn't understand such reasons and I
won't waste any more of your valuable internet time. Well, mine actually.

Heeeeay, aren't you really this "MX" fellow?

No, don't tell me, I don't care.

You've baited me enough.

Old July 14th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RomeoMike

Jules wrote:

It means; if you knew who she was, you would stop digging and use the
ladder. (A polite way of saying you would shut up.) She has obvious
reasons for not saying, but you wouldn't understand such reasons and I
won't waste any more of your valuable internet time. Well, mine actually.

Heeeeay, aren't you really this "MX" fellow?

No, don't tell me, I don't care.

You've baited me enough.

Actually, you baited me, and I've been more polite about it. No matter,
Google is my friend also, and I figured it out. Appears my instincts
were correct. Thanks, but don't need the ladder. Should all be flying
anyway.
Old July 15th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

In addition to expert pilot, FAA representative, and breast feeding
instructor he's now a pharmacologist?

No, simply well informed.
Old July 15th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Jules writes:

It means; if you knew who she was, you would stop digging and use the
ladder. (A polite way of saying you would shut up.) She has obvious
reasons for not saying, but you wouldn't understand such reasons and I
won't waste any more of your valuable internet time. Well, mine actually.

In other words, you're making things up.