Wanted: SparrowHawk

Old July 25th 10, 12:41 AM
simple2code simple2code is offline
Junior Member

Default Wanted: SparrowHawk

*** Search Ended. Thx ***
Anyone selling their Sparrowhawk Sailplane. If so, you may PM me so I can contact you. I can PM you my phone number. I am located in Southern California.

Thx,
Bert

Last edited by simple2code : September 3rd 10 at 04:43 AM. Reason: *** Search Ended. Thx ***
Old July 25th 10, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

--
simple2code

All - I think a translation is in order. I had never hear of "PM"
before so I looked it up. I believe it stands for Personal or Private
Message, meaning that you should send a note to this author via one-on-
one direct email and not through RAS (which is public). Oh, those
trendy SoCal foks!

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry. I did a search for
"Windward" and "Sparrowhawk" and got multiple hits. Alas, none in
California. However the FAA database will give you the name and
address of every owner. You can then send them some SM* to see if
they want to sell.

My $0.02.

- John DeRosa

* SM = snail mail = regular old surface mail - see I can be trendy too
and I live in Illinois!
Old July 25th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

Hi John
Many and perhaps most SparrowHawk owners me included prefer to
operate under Part 103. This means no registration so the FAA has no
records of any SparrowHawk operating under Part 103. Why Part 103 and
not experimental? For several reasons - a couple being no county taxes
and no restrictions on where I can fly it in the US. Also I don't have
to fill out that yearly form the FAA now requires for experimental
aircraft. Remember my SparrowHawk is considered to be an "ultralight
vehicle" and not an aircraft.
Dave

Old July 26th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Patrick McLaughlin

On Jul 24, 4:41*pm, simple2code simple2code.
wrote:
Anyone selling their Sparrowhawk Sailplane. *If so, you may PM me so I
can contact you. *I can PM you my phone number. *I am located in
Southern California.

Thx,
Bert

--
simple2code

Patrick replies:

Hello Bert,

It just so happens, I am selling mine. I have about 250 Hours on it.
SN 10, has a full complement of Winter instruments and the Cambridge
302 & 303, MM Trailer.

I am located in Redmond Oregon, just 10 mi. from Windward Performance.
I am asking a rather firm $40K

I can be reached by cell 541-771-0101
or
Old July 26th 10, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Jul 25, 8:50*pm, Patrick McLaughlin
wrote:

It just so happens, I am selling mine.

I've seen this one. Nice rig, well-equipped. It probably has a nice o2
system, too.

Bob K.
Old July 26th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

wrote:

It just so happens, I am selling mine.

I've seen this one. Nice rig, well-equipped. It probably has a nice o2
system, too.

Bob K.

Haven't seen the plane in question but I just spent a week flying and
hanging out with Patrick at the Logan Regional contest. He's a
quality individual and I am sure the SparrowHawk is as he describes
it, based on what I saw of his other 'craft this week!

Old July 26th 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
flyingmr2

Patrick,
Are you sure your ready to call it an upgrade and sell the
Sparrowhawk? I know your almost new Ventus 2bx is a screaming machine
and looks as pretty as European nude art, but are you really ready to
give up all the fun the Sparrowhawk has to offer? The Ventus demands
more speed, where the Sparrowhawk just gives more fun. Watching
Region 9 was great fun on Saturday and I sure hope your EYES get
better and your miss less turn points which should dramatically boost
your score proving what a fine racing machine the Ventus really is. I
bet it was the scratches on the wing that slowed you down? I still
feel very sad that I sold my Sparrowhawk as it was one of my most
difficult decisions I have ever made. I guess it's just all part of
the sport. We buy, fly, enjoy, grow, dream faster, by faster, learn
more, dream faster, and buy faster once again until we die. Life is
great!!!!

Dr. John Ackerson O.D.
"the eye doctor"
Heber City, Utah
Old July 26th 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

I think Bert's been watching what Jim Payne's been up to in Golf
Charlie!
Top flight in the World on Saturday... 853k on the OLC at 109kph.
When asked on the radio if he was going back to flying a 1-26, Jim
responded "this is way more fun".
Jim
Old July 26th 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Jul 26, 9:31*am, JS wrote:
I think Bert's been watching what Jim Payne's been up to in Golf
Charlie!
Top flight in the World on Saturday... 853k on the OLC at 109kph.
When asked on the radio if he was going back to flying a 1-26, Jim
responded "this is way more fun".
Jim

.... and every time I rig, I think about the fact that each of my wings
weighs as much as an entire SparrowHawk.
Old July 28th 10, 04:05 AM
simple2code simple2code is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
I think Bert's been watching what Jim Payne's been up to in Golf
Charlie!
Top flight in the World on Saturday... 853k on the OLC at 109kph.
When asked on the radio if he was going back to flying a 1-26, Jim
responded "this is way more fun".
Jim
Yes. I got the bug

What's up with the Sparrowhawk? Brad Soaring 3 November 28th 06 06:27 AM
The SparrowHawk [email protected] Soaring 2 October 3rd 05 02:45 PM
Sparrowhawk Danny Russell Soaring 1 September 30th 05 06:33 PM
Wanted Sparrowhawk David Bingham Soaring 18 May 4th 04 11:20 PM
Sparrowhawk vs PW5 Willie Soaring 16 March 4th 04 11:08 PM