How to clear CAI 302 flight log memory?

Old June 16th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Default How to clear CAI 302 flight log memory?

Some time ago, I was able to fix a friend's problem with a CAI 302 by
clearing out the flight log memory. The procedure involved connecting
to the CAI 302 with a comm program like hyperterm and typing in
something like 'RESET' at the command prompt. I have gotten a couple
of similar requests here at the Sports Class Nationals, but in the
meantime I have forgotten the exact command or commands (getting old
and senile).

Anyone have the procedure handy? If so, could you email it to me at
paynter.5[remove ?

TIA,

Frank (TA)

Old June 16th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 15, 5:42 pm, Frank wrote:
Some time ago, I was able to fix a friend's problem with a CAI 302 by
clearing out the flight log memory. The procedure involved connecting
to the CAI 302 with a comm program like hyperterm and typing in
something like 'RESET' at the command prompt. I have gotten a couple
of similar requests here at the Sports Class Nationals, but in the
meantime I have forgotten the exact command or commands (getting old
and senile).

Anyone have the procedure handy? If so, could you email it to me at
paynter.5[remove ?

TIA,

Frank (TA)

You probably want CLEAR LOG. The Cambridge 302 Dataport user's guide
at http://www.cambridge-aero.com/manual...v517_rev21.pdf
contains what you need. But I'm not sure why this is needed. Make sure
people are using the latest version or the Cambridge download
software. A rev or two back they fixed a memory corruption problem in
the download software that could corrupt memory (or at least make
files look corrupted) and prevent downloads. It seemed to affect very
few people, but I did hit it. The problem has not occured for me on
the last few recent versions of their PDA download software. Sorry I
don't have affected version numbers handy, just use their latest
stuff.

Darryl

Old June 19th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

athttp://www.cambridge-aero.com/manuals/dataport_300_sv517_rev21.pdf
contains what you need. But I'm not sure why this is needed. Make sure
people are using the latest version or the Cambridge download
software. A rev or two back they fixed a memory corruption problem in
the download software that could corrupt memory (or at least make
files look corrupted) and prevent downloads. It seemed to affect very
few people, but I did hit it. The problem has not occured for me on
the last few recent versions of their PDA download software. Sorry I
don't have affected version numbers handy, just use their latest
stuff.

Darryl

Darryl,

Thanks!

Frank

In Memory of Dan Neuman Larry Dighera Piloting 7 May 23rd 07 08:08 PM
In memory Morse Aviation Photos 0 April 25th 07 09:40 PM
How to clear memory in Aero 1530? Stewart Kissel Soaring 2 September 4th 05 06:01 AM
the memory franck jeamourra Owning 0 March 9th 04 07:00 AM
FS2004 upgrade MB and memory or just memory? Don Purcella Simulators 3 September 16th 03 04:37 PM