Video clip from the Sunship Game

Old August 9th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_2_]

Default Video clip from the Sunship Game

Here is one of my favorite video clips from "The Sunship Game"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmJiwqlfSg

It has a good soundtrack and lots of action. I especially liked
watching all the interesting vintage 1960s cars, trailers and related
gear pulling into Marfa for the 1969 contest.

Old August 9th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ventus2[_2_]

The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

Old August 10th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

At 21:55 09 August 2009, ventus2 wrote:
The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

I dunno. Has anybody ever built a more beautiful
sailplane than the Libelle?

Jim Beckman

Old August 10th 09, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_2_]

On Aug 9, 5:55*pm, "ventus2" wrote:
The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.

Everything? I don't know, a crew woman in a bikini seems the pinnacle
of evolution to me.

Old August 10th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 10, 6:00*am, Jim Beckman wrote:
At 21:55 09 August 2009, ventus2 wrote:

The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

I dunno. *Has anybody ever built a more beautiful
sailplane than the Libelle?

Jim Beckman

Yes. LS6. But I'm biased...

Cheers,

66
Old August 10th 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Aug 10, 10:53*am, "
wrote:
On Aug 10, 6:00*am, Jim Beckman wrote:

At 21:55 09 August 2009, ventus2 wrote:

The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

I dunno. *Has anybody ever built a more beautiful
sailplane than the Libelle?

Jim Beckman

Yes. *LS6. *But I'm biased...

Cheers,

66

Where can I get a copy of the movie?? I've never seen it.
Old August 11th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Aug 10, 4:23 pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
On Aug 10, 10:53 am, "
wrote:

On Aug 10, 6:00 am, Jim Beckman wrote:

At 21:55 09 August 2009, ventus2 wrote:

The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

I dunno. Has anybody ever built a more beautiful
sailplane than the Libelle?

Jim Beckman

Yes. LS6. But I'm biased...

Cheers,

66

Where can I get a copy of the movie?? I've never seen it.

Call these guys on the phone http://www.directcinema.com/index.htm,
they used to have it on VHS, but it wasn't on the web site.

If that doesn't work, I'd try Burt Compton at Marfa Gliders.

It'll be worth your while. I hope one of these days it turns up on
DVD or bluray.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Old August 11th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

The last I heard (many times over many years) is that the movie can't
be licensed because the Bee Gees sound track was never authorized.

Still, it is a very well made MOVIE, rather than simply a
documentary. A "Fine Week of Soaring" is a great documentary and I
love to watch it. But Sunship games is in a different class
altogether.

- John
Old August 11th 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Aug 10, 8:52*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
The last I heard (many times over many years) is that the movie can't
be licensed because the Bee Gees sound track was never authorized.

Still, it is a very well made MOVIE, rather than simply a
documentary. *A "Fine Week of Soaring" is a great documentary and I
love to watch it. *But Sunship games is in a different class
altogether.

- John

'Soaring the Saguaros' is another very good 'about soaring' production
that had some sound track issues. Good video if you can find one.

Frank Whiteley
Old August 11th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Oscar Alonso

On Aug 10, 1:23*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
On Aug 10, 10:53*am, "
wrote:

On Aug 10, 6:00*am, Jim Beckman wrote:

At 21:55 09 August 2009, ventus2 wrote:

The only thing that has remained constant that clip is the Cessna.
Everything else has evolved.
:-)

I dunno. *Has anybody ever built a more beautiful
sailplane than the Libelle?

Jim Beckman

Yes. *LS6. *But I'm biased...

Cheers,

66

Where can I get a copy of the movie?? I've never seen it.

Try searching for zoozle for: "The Sunship Game"

http://www.zoozle.org/

The Sunship Game vic20owner Soaring 5 April 15th 09 08:00 PM
WTB copy of The Sunship Game scooter Soaring 7 August 4th 05 02:00 AM
Sun Ship Game Video [email protected] Soaring 1 February 18th 05 06:18 PM
The insane spitfire video clip Highwood Piloting 1 November 30th 03 11:48 PM
The insane spitfire video clip gatt Piloting 95 November 10th 03 04:57 AM