Need a help in helicopter crash accident (top urgent)

Old August 26th 05, 11:45 PM

Default Need a help in helicopter crash accident (top urgent)

Hi,

THIS IS TOP URGENT!..

I have a movie with a helicopter accident. The helicopter crew claims
that the
reason of the accident was a damage on the tail rotor blade. My brother
was a
copilot in crew of that helicopter and I don't have any reasons to
don't believe him and his colleagues. But investigators claim that it
was basically overloading and helicopter was crashed by this reason.

There were some eye-witnesses that saw when helicopter was in hovering
one piece of the tail rotor blade was broke away. After that the crew
worked only for saving lives of passengers and saving machine. But
after questioning by investigators eye-witnesses ceased to remember
this important detail.

Would you help me and the crew of that helicopter?

The tail rotor has 8 rounds per second and the movie has 30 frames per
second.
The blades of tail rotor are invisible on the movie.

1. Is it possible to see blades enough to make a decision on the exact
reason of damage. like on this http://www.helis.com/movies/bige005.mpg
2. Is there any other technique which can be helpful to solve this
problem using exist movie.

Sincerely,
Rustam Bogubaev

Old August 27th 05, 12:53 AM
john smith

1. Is it possible to see blades enough to make a decision on the exact
reason of damage. like on this
http://www.helis.com/movies/bige005.mpg
2. Is there any other technique which can be helpful to solve this
problem using exist movie.

It's called computer graphics special effects.
A computer, some software, and you can see whatever you want to see.
Old August 27th 05, 01:09 AM
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On 26 Aug 2005 15:45:54 -0700, wrote in
. com:

1. Is it possible to see blades enough to make a decision on the exact
reason of damage. like on this
http://www.helis.com/movies/bige005.mpg
2. Is there any other technique which can be helpful to solve this
problem using exist movie.

Rustam,

I don't know how to clarify the frames, but I've sent an e-mail address
to your gmail account for a fellow who might be able to help you.

Marty
Old August 27th 05, 02:50 PM
Jose

The tail rotor has 8 rounds per second and the movie has 30 frames per
second.
The blades of tail rotor are invisible on the movie.

It is conceivable that one could apply image processing (contrast
enhancement) to individual frames to ascertain the location of the tail
rotor in each frame. Remember it would be moving, so mostly where the
rotor was passing through it will still be background, with just a
slight shadow.

The link you gave doesn't work. I don't know if that's a link to the
film you have or to another film.

Much depends on the quality of the actual film itself. If it's film, it
should be scanned at high resolution and analysed. There are places
that can do this. However, there's no promise that you could actually
see what you need to see.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.
Old August 29th 05, 09:28 AM

you can find mentioned movie on
http://www.bookinturkey.com/rustam/mi8mtv-ex902.wmv .

P.S. : This movie was downloaded from yahoo news web site and couldn't
be used for commercial purposes.

best regards,
rustam bogubaev

Old August 29th 05, 06:00 PM
Jose

I looked at that film. From this download I don't think there is enough
video information to resolve the blades. In addition, the helicopter is
out of view for the most critical point of the flight. However it does
appear briefly right when it is most useful - it appears to me that the
tail rotor struck the ground immediately before the craft spun out of
control. It is not unreasonable to suppose that the tail strike could
have damaged the rotor, causing the crash.

Prior to that point, the craft appeared to be flying straight and in
control, but not lifting off well. This could be due to overloading; it
could also be due to wind conditions, pilot error, or topography, with
altitude as a possible contributing factor.

But look closely - there is an instant just before the spinout where the
tail rotor appears to contact the ground. That's probably your most
immediate key. I would expect that =why= the rotor struck the ground
would be the main focus of the investigation.

Jose