DG Flugzeugbau - How to get rid of your customers

Old February 9th 11, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

Default DG Flugzeugbau - How to get rid of your customers

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:45:51 -0800 (PST), "Dr. John"
wrote:

It's good to know that there is no big EASA tax behind the problem as
I was led to believe. I love my DG303 and hope they find a way to
stay in business and also not offend the entire customer base.

No way DG is going to stay in business.

Maybe
a DG-1001-F with flaps?

Well...
Take a close look at this video od the DG-1000 destruction test:

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/Data/Vi...hversuch-i.wmv

The 1000 HAS had flaps from the beginning.
No idea why they never offered that version.

I guess if the glider
were nice enough, I might be able to sleep in it!

I know someone who does indeed sleep in his Ventus which is parked in
his garage...

Andreas

Old February 10th 11, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

Dr. John wrote:
.....I love my DG303 and hope they find a way to
stay in business and also not offend the entire customer base.

Too late.

Tony
Old February 10th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Ash

In article ,
Andreas Maurer wrote:

I guess if the glider
were nice enough, I might be able to sleep in it!

I know someone who does indeed sleep in his Ventus which is parked in
his garage...

You can sleep in your glider, but you cannot fly your house. Always keep
this in mind when making financial plans.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old February 10th 11, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

You can sleep in your glider, but you cannot fly your house. Always keep
this in mind when making financial plans.

I tried to keep reminding Leah of this but it didn't really work. I
did get a huge garage though so I'm not complaining.
Old February 10th 11, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Feb 10, 12:02*pm, Mike Ash wrote:

You can sleep in your glider, but you cannot fly your house. Always keep
this in mind when making financial plans.

As someone who has actually slept in his glider (my LS6, following a
spur of the moment XC flight from Phoenix to Parowan with $2 in my
wallet), I can only say that while the 6 is a wonderful sailplane, it
leaves a lot to be desired as a house.

The real reason for glider-camping was my lack of tie-down gear (and
with the 6 you really can't just use flight-line rope - nothing on the
wingtips to tie it to!) and the windy nighttime conditions. I figured
the best way to keep my glider available for the return flight the
next day was to stay in the cockpit or right next to it overnight.

And yes, I did make it back to Phoenix the next day - beautiful Cu's
the whole way.

Kirk
66
Old February 11th 11, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Ash

In article
,
"kirk.stant" wrote:

On Feb 10, 12:02*pm, Mike Ash wrote:

You can sleep in your glider, but you cannot fly your house. Always keep
this in mind when making financial plans.

As someone who has actually slept in his glider (my LS6, following a
spur of the moment XC flight from Phoenix to Parowan with $2 in my
wallet), I can only say that while the 6 is a wonderful sailplane, it
leaves a lot to be desired as a house.

The real reason for glider-camping was my lack of tie-down gear (and
with the 6 you really can't just use flight-line rope - nothing on the
wingtips to tie it to!) and the windy nighttime conditions. I figured
the best way to keep my glider available for the return flight the
next day was to stay in the cockpit or right next to it overnight.

And yes, I did make it back to Phoenix the next day - beautiful Cu's
the whole way.

Note that you survived the experience, though, which is more than you
could probably say if you ever tried to use your house as a glider!

More seriously, thanks for the story. These XC adventures certainly can
be interesting. Based on how I feel after a long flight, I think I would
be unable to walk after spending a night in my 20.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old February 11th 11, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Isn't that what happened to Dorothy "I don't think we're in Kansas
anymore"