Katrina fall-out

Old September 5th 05, 02:52 AM
Montblack

("N93332" wrote)
I didn't make the list either. I'm probably already in most peoples lists
anyways.

"I want the sweet love of Jesus! I danced for the Devil; I saw him, I wrote
in his book; I go back to Jesus; I kiss His hand. I saw Sarah Good with the
Devil! I saw Goody Osburn with the Devil! I saw Bridget Bishop with the
Devil! ....I saw Greg B with the Devil!"

You are now :-)

Montblack
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I
lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of
them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul;
leave me my name!" --- What the heck. Hang 'em all - I'll just make up a
new screen name.

Old September 5th 05, 02:53 AM
Jay Honeck

He who lives in glass houses...

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/prepare/fac...leston1895.gif

Shows the New Madrid fault seismic extends into Iowa.

And you can bet for damned sure I'm gonna expect ALL of my tax money back,
in spades, when my business comes tumbling down...

Every last nickel. Times two.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 5th 05, 03:00 AM
George Patterson

Ash Wyllie wrote:

If premiums cover costs, why can't one get _private_ flood insurance?

You can, but the private companies don't give discounts for meeting Federal
construction standards.

That's nice, but it would be better not to build in flood prone areas in the
first place.

Well, people have been doing that for millenia for excellent reasons. They
aren't going to stop.

George Patterson
Old September 5th 05, 03:00 AM
Jay Honeck

And when (not if) it is destroyed, there will be people begging the
Federal
Government to come rebuild it.

Yeah, let's only settle in places that are completely safe from natural
disaster. Why don't we make a list of such places? I'll let you start.

Let's start he

Perhaps we shouldn't allow citizens of the U.S. to build in areas that are
absolutely, positively 100% guaranteed to flood? How about we start by
not allowing people to build businesses and dwellings BELOW SEA LEVEL NEXT
TO AN OCEAN?

Crikey, man, what does it take (in your world) to prove this point?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 5th 05, 03:03 AM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

And the King of Prussia still owes my ancestors, dammit.

Well, unless the King is pumping oil from under your hotel, that has zilch to do
with the preceding post.

George Patterson
Old September 5th 05, 03:07 AM
Jay Honeck

If premiums cover costs, why can't one get _private_ flood insurance?

You can, but the private companies don't give discounts for meeting
Federal construction standards.

There are no private insurance companies that issued flood insurance in N.O.

At least, that's what my biz insurance guy told me.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 5th 05, 03:20 AM
George Patterson

Tom Fleischman wrote:

You can not believe how much easier it is to read these newsgroups now
that "Jay Honeck", "Bob Noel", "Newps", "Matt Whiting", "john smith",
"Dave Stadt", "Jonathan Goodish", "Cub Driver", "Otis Winslow", "W P
Dixon", "Gig 601XL Builder" and "George Patterson" now reside in my
kill file with the other trolls.

Well, I may be last, but I made the grade. Hooray!

George Patterson
Old September 5th 05, 04:57 AM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

Perhaps we shouldn't allow citizens of the U.S. to build in areas that are
absolutely, positively 100% guaranteed to flood?

There goes most of New Jersey. I live on a 500 year flood plain myself.

George Patterson
Old September 5th 05, 05:03 AM
Bob Fry

"TF" == Tom Fleischman writes:

TF You know what, Jay? You disgust me me. I've had it with your
TF racist, christo-fascist ravings.

TF I'm gone...

JH I don't buy it. I've worked with and around more poor people
JH than probably anyone else on this newsgroup. Almost without
JH exception, the very first thing a poor, inner city family buys,
JH after arriving in town -- before a bed, before clothing, before
JH toiletries (but after booze, cigarettes, and a big, loud
JH stereo) -- is an old, POS car.

remainder of bigoted statement deleted

Tom, you're quite right about Jay's racist ravings, but thankfully
there aren't too many others like him. Jay will never get it, but
more do than don't. Hang around. Fortunately Jay's bigoted postings
and the responses tend to stick to subject header so it's easy to
delete the entire thread if you want.

Old September 5th 05, 05:10 AM
TL

Tom Fleischman wrote:

It may have been drastic but I personally cannot abide these assholes anymore.

You can not believe how much easier it is to read these newsgroups now
that "Jay Honeck", "Bob Noel", "Newps", "Matt Whiting", "john smith",
"Dave Stadt", "Jonathan Goodish", "Cub Driver", "Otis Winslow", "W P
Dixon", "Gig 601XL Builder" and "George Patterson" now reside in my
kill file with the other trolls. It's amazing how much of the NG's
bandwidths are wasted by the spew of these black-hearted individuals,
and how little they actually contribute to on-topic discussions.

Most of the posters you mention are demonstrably bigoted,
narrow-minded, and misguided. Their posts serve well to demonstrate
just how disconnected from reality some people can be. I am impressed
by the recent emergence of previously quite posters who, over the past
few days, have effectively refuted the inane ravings of a handful of
bigoted talking heads. Your voice of reason will be missed but I
understand your departure. It is indeed difficult to listen to the
inane mean-spirited ravings of bigots.

Fall Photo Shoots Arnold Sten Piloting 7 October 8th 04 04:29 PM
Windsocks ,. Great fall special $ 15 for 1 or $ 25 for 2 GASSITT Aviation Marketplace 0 October 6th 04 05:12 AM
Tomcats gone by fall of 2006 Mike Weeks Naval Aviation 48 June 22nd 04 02:32 PM
NE fall foliage report Cub Driver Piloting 0 October 19th 03 12:25 PM
Fall Colors Flights! Jack Cunniff Piloting 2 October 15th 03 10:06 PM