Katrina fall-out

Old September 5th 05, 04:38 PM
Happy Dog

"sfb" wrote in message news:15ZSe.3328$Di4.558@trnddc07...
We all should be willing to accept the government's word that attacks have
been thwarted. Public disclosure of how the intelligence was gathered only
helps the bad guys.

I hope this is a joke.

Ask anyone with a knee or hip prosthesis about what it takes to get
through airport security.

They deserve it. Ditto for old ladies in wheel chairs. I feel safer. I
kind of knew that something that musn't be disclosed to the public is
happening at security checkpoints. It makes sense now.

Listen, git, nobody's taking over an airplane again. It didn't even work on
the fourth (maybe more) plane. It took less than an hour for *citizens* to
figure out what was happening, devise a plan and act. Frisking your granny
isn't going to accomplish what they claim.

moo

"Happy Dog" wrote in message news:SLYSe.4342
Post the evidence that an attack has been thwarted. But for that, your
observation that there have been no terrorist attacks is as useless as
claiming that the sun rises each day because you ask it to. If body
cavity searches are mandated for air pax, you OK with that? Just curious.

moo

Old September 5th 05, 04:55 PM
Doof

"TL" wrote in message
Tom Fleischman wrote:

It may have been drastic but I personally cannot abide these assholes
anymore.

You can not believe how much easier it is to read these newsgroups now
that "Jay Honeck", "Bob Noel", "Newps", "Matt Whiting", "john smith",
"Dave Stadt", "Jonathan Goodish", "Cub Driver", "Otis Winslow", "W P
Dixon", "Gig 601XL Builder" and "George Patterson" now reside in my
kill file with the other trolls. It's amazing how much of the NG's
bandwidths are wasted by the spew of these black-hearted individuals,
and how little they actually contribute to on-topic discussions.

Most of the posters you mention are demonstrably bigoted,
narrow-minded, and misguided.

And you (and Fleishman) haven't a clue what the hell you're talking about.

Old September 5th 05, 04:56 PM
Doof

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
TL wrote:

Most of the posters you mention are demonstrably bigoted,
narrow-minded, and misguided. Their posts serve well to demonstrate
just how disconnected from reality some people can be. I am impressed
by the recent emergence of previously quite posters who, over the past
few days, have effectively refuted the inane ravings of a handful of
bigoted talking heads. Your voice of reason will be missed but I
understand your departure. It is indeed difficult to listen to the
inane mean-spirited ravings of bigots.

What are "quite" posters? Are they related to "quiet" posters? Does that
mean they type gently on the keys so as to keep the noise down?

They turn off the key clickers.

Old September 5th 05, 04:57 PM
Doof

"TL" wrote in message
Tom Fleischman wrote:

Most of the posters you mention are demonstrably bigoted,
narrow-minded, and misguided. Their posts serve well to demonstrate
just how disconnected from reality some people can be. I am impressed
by the recent emergence of previously quite posters who, over the past
few days, have effectively refuted the inane ravings of a handful of
bigoted talking heads. Your voice of reason

Voice of reason? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you even have hint of a clue what the word means?

Talk about full of it: World Record there.

Old September 5th 05, 04:59 PM
Doof

Newps wrote:

Tom Fleischman wrote:

It may have been drastic but I personally cannot abide these assholes
anymore.

You can not believe how much easier it is to read these newsgroups now
that "Jay Honeck", "Bob Noel", "Newps", "Matt Whiting", "john smith",
"Dave Stadt", "Jonathan Goodish", "Cub Driver", "Otis Winslow", "W P
Dixon", "Gig 601XL Builder" and "George Patterson" now reside in my
kill file with the other trolls. It's amazing how much of the NG's
bandwidths are wasted by the spew of these black-hearted individuals,
and how little they actually contribute to on-topic discussions.

Sweet.

I was thinking the same ... we're in pretty good company! :-)

Matt

I think T-shirts are in order.

And ballcaps. The proceeds go to the disaster relief fund.

Old September 5th 05, 05:01 PM
john smith

Happy Dog wrote:
Post the evidence that an attack has been thwarted. But for that, your
observation that there have been no terrorist attacks is as useless as
claiming that the sun rises each day because you ask it to. If body cavity
searches are mandated for air pax, you OK with that? Just curious.

I did that a couple days ago, just before you joined the thread.
Four "home grown" terrorist wannabes in LA were arrested according to
the wire service report.
Old September 5th 05, 05:02 PM
Doof

"sfb" wrote in message news:3BYSe.13916$QN4.7242@trnddc02...
How long is long?

1993 World Trade Center in the US. 1997 Khobar Towers and 2000 USS Cole
outside the US.

Then there's Lodi, Detroit, (where was that one in the east? Manhattan?)

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Matt,

That
is effective enough for me.

Again, correlation is the key. Where do you see any proof for a
correlation between the lack of terrorist attacks and the work of the
authorities? There were no terrorist attacks for a long time before
9/11 - and no DHS either.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 5th 05, 05:19 PM
john smith

Doof wrote:
Then there's Lodi, Detroit, (where was that one in the east? Manhattan?)

Rochester, New York

Old September 5th 05, 06:00 PM
Matt Whiting

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Matt,

That
is effective enough for me.

Again, correlation is the key. Where do you see any proof for a
correlation between the lack of terrorist attacks and the work of the
authorities? There were no terrorist attacks for a long time before
9/11 - and no DHS either.

Almost impossible to prove cause and effect in this case, but for me
correlation is plenty good enough! The goal is to not have terrorist
attacks and as long as we don't have any, then I say the system is
working reasonably well.

Where is your proof that the DHS isn't helping prevent terrorist
attacks? And the WTC bombing wasn't all that long before the airplane
attacks.

Matt

Fall Photo Shoots Arnold Sten Piloting 7 October 8th 04 04:29 PM
Windsocks ,. Great fall special $ 15 for 1 or $ 25 for 2 GASSITT Aviation Marketplace 0 October 6th 04 05:12 AM
Tomcats gone by fall of 2006 Mike Weeks Naval Aviation 48 June 22nd 04 02:32 PM
NE fall foliage report Cub Driver Piloting 0 October 19th 03 12:25 PM
Fall Colors Flights! Jack Cunniff Piloting 2 October 15th 03 10:06 PM