Does Wx/Block work ?

Old March 25th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider[_2_]

Default Does Wx/Block work ?

Many products come along and some might work.
I have seen a wing that was yellowed on bottom and still quite
white on top. The owners had been using wx/block on top only. So, does
it work? I'd say "Yes".
Tim, Bob, ...you can pay me later.
kidding.
GA
Old March 25th 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Delta

On Mar 25, 5:56*pm, glider wrote:
Many products come along and some might work.
* * I have seen a wing that was yellowed on bottom and still quite
white on top. The owners had been using wx/block on top only. So, does
it work? I'd say "Yes".
* Tim, Bob, ...you can pay me later.
*kidding.
*GA

Too much work to finish the job (never did the bottom of the wings)?
Ease of use plays a big part in actually getting the protection one
buys the product for in the first place. The best of products wont
work if they are too labor intensive to use and therefore never get
used.

What happens if Wx/Block freezes? Usually not a problem in the south,
however we had a pretty cold winter (relatively speaking) and the
product got pretty slushy on at least one occasion, but most likely on
several occasions.

WD
Old March 26th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Mar 25, 4:10*pm, Whiskey Delta wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:56*pm, glider wrote:

[...]

Maybe he didn't have stands for resting the wings on while they were
upside-down for treating the bottom. I use some 'found' sofa cushions
on a couple picinic tables. The only difficulty I've had is that
they're so slippery after sealing and waxing, that the wings tend to
slide too easily on the cushions when I'm treating the second side.
This year I'll only treat the undersides of the wings on the bench,
and do the tops with the glider assembled.
Old March 26th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Delta

On Mar 26, 3:12*pm, Grider Pirate wrote:

Maybe he didn't have stands for resting the wings on while they were
upside-down for treating the bottom. *I use some 'found' sofa cushions
on a couple picinic tables. *The only difficulty I've had is that
they're so slippery after sealing and waxing, that the wings tend to
slide too easily on the cushions when I'm treating the second side.
This year I'll only treat the undersides of the wings on the bench,
and do the tops with the glider assembled.

I was really just kidding around about the difficulty. Wx/Block isn't
hard to use.

My real question is: If Wx/Block gets partially or completely frozen,
is it ruined? Should it be thrown out and replaced with new product?

WD
Old March 26th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

On Mar 26, 1:19*pm, Whiskey Delta wrote:
On Mar 26, 3:12*pm, Grider Pirate wrote:

Maybe he didn't have stands for resting the wings on while they were
upside-down for treating the bottom. *I use some 'found' sofa cushions
on a couple picinic tables. *The only difficulty I've had is that
they're so slippery after sealing and waxing, that the wings tend to
slide too easily on the cushions when I'm treating the second side.
This year I'll only treat the undersides of the wings on the bench,
and do the tops with the glider assembled.

I was really just kidding around about the difficulty. *Wx/Block isn't
hard to use.

My real question is: *If Wx/Block gets partially or completely frozen,
is it ruined? *Should it be thrown out and replaced with new product?

WD

I was told by Tim that sells the stuff that if it freezes it is time
to get in a new order. Don't know if he just wanted me to order
more...

Bruno - B4
Old March 26th 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

My first pair of Wx Block froze when left it in the hanger all winter.
The Wx seal was ruined and Wx Block was okay. It became a mixture of
clumps, not able to be stirred back to life.
Old March 26th 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider[_2_]

* * I have seen a wing that was yellowed on bottom and still quite
white on top. The owners had been using wx/block on top only. So, does
it work? I'd say "Yes".
*

additional note....
The owner of this sailplane thought the top of the wings sitting in
the old Komet trailer might suffer from UV.
And when assembled, the underside wouldn't have any UV issues.
The color difference was quite noticable.
GA

Block Island (KBID) bsalai Piloting 9 October 11th 06 01:30 AM
Block out someone? (Little Hitler) Jeff Military Aviation 6 April 13th 04 07:03 PM
Block Allocation? AES/newspost Piloting 23 February 12th 04 06:58 AM
WX Block, NU Finish, Rain-X TomnKeyLargo Soaring 0 December 27th 03 05:14 AM
More Info on Block 52 F-16 robert arndt Military Aviation 0 November 18th 03 03:07 PM