help meeee !!!

Old November 7th 03, 04:20 PM
Dave LaCourse

Tom Cooper:

Sounds interesting. Sorry for my ignorance: what exactly is the AAD-5? An
IRST?

It's an IR detector system, two bands.

Old November 7th 03, 04:25 PM
Dave LaCourse

Charlie Wolf writes:

Dave - Thanks for your technical question concerning our bombs.
Large rock will do the job, but only if it's a left-handed rock.
These rocks can be pruchased through DoD contract for a mere $600.

Regards,

SPLORK I didn't get it on my keyboard, but there is coffee running down my
shirt and all over my pants. Thanks. d;o)

Old November 8th 03, 06:03 AM
tom c

"Charlie Wolf" wrote in message
Yes - I can help. The preferred method for testing aircraft bombs is
to get yourself a really big hammer - 8 lb. ball-pean type hammer
should work. Walk up to the bomb and strike it just as firmly as you
can on the pointy end - thats the opposite end from the fins. Do this
repeatedly until you here Allah telling you the bomb is OK to use.
Then go to the next bomb and repeat.

http://www.jenn98.com/bugs/1943-6.html

Old November 10th 03, 01:21 PM
Rob van Riel

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message ...
Their F-4Ds were delivered between 1968 and 1970 so are now actually between
34 and 35 years old. Some 15 have survived the war with Iraq, and remain
very much in service. In fact, instead of GBU-10s they are now armed with
indigenious Iranian Sattar-1/2/3 laser-guided missiles (a mix of (US) GBU-10
and (French) AS.30L technology), the Noor (an Iranian version of the
160km-range C.802K-2 anti-ship missile, directly comparable in capabilities
to the Harpoon), and R-73/AA-11 Archer air-to-air missiles (the last in
addition to the usual Sparrows)...

Tom,

I hope everyone else will forgive me for approaching this from a
modellers point of view, but a Phantom with a mix of Archer and
Sparrow missiles sounds like a must-build to me. Are there pictures
showing how these are carried either on the web or in one of the books
you mention?

Thanks

Rob
Old November 10th 03, 04:17 PM
Tom Cooper

"Rob van Riel" wrote in message
m...
"Tom Cooper" wrote in message

[...]

There is nothing of this kind on the internet, Rob: some first photos might
be published in a specific publication in December, but I can't definitely
confirm or deny this yet.

Tom Cooper
Co-Author:
Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988:
http://www.acig.org/pg1/content.php
and,
Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat:
http://www.osprey-publishing.co.uk/t...hp/title=S6585

Old November 10th 03, 06:23 PM
Tex Houston

"Rob van Riel" wrote in message
m...
Tom,

I hope everyone else will forgive me for approaching this from a
modellers point of view, but a Phantom with a mix of Archer and
Sparrow missiles sounds like a must-build to me. Are there pictures
showing how these are carried either on the web or in one of the books
you mention?

Thanks

Rob

You might try rec.models.scale as someone there might have already done so.

Tex

Old November 11th 03, 08:53 AM
Rob van Riel

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message ...
"Rob van Riel" wrote in message
m...
Sparrow missiles sounds like a must-build to me. Are there pictures
showing how these are carried either on the web or in one of the books
you mention?

There is nothing of this kind on the internet, Rob: some first photos might
be published in a specific publication in December, but I can't definitely
confirm or deny this yet.

I hope you won't mind be coming back to this subject in a few months then.

Rob
Old November 11th 03, 08:54 AM
Rob van Riel

"Tex Houston" wrote in message ...
"Rob van Riel" wrote in message
m...
Tom,

I hope everyone else will forgive me for approaching this from a
modellers point of view, but a Phantom with a mix of Archer and
Sparrow missiles sounds like a must-build to me. Are there pictures
showing how these are carried either on the web or in one of the books
you mention?

Thanks

Rob

You might try rec.models.scale as someone there might have already done so.

I will (another one of my regular haunts). However, I prefer a paper
reference to a plastic one; you wouldn't believe some of the ordinance
loads that end up on kits occasionally.

Rob
Old November 11th 03, 04:57 PM
Tex Houston

"Rob van Riel" wrote in message
om...

I will (another one of my regular haunts). However, I prefer a paper
reference to a plastic one; you wouldn't believe some of the ordinance
loads that end up on kits occasionally.

Rob

If you want a paper reference, you might try Google and spell the word
ordnance and not the improper ordinance which is a legal term.

Tex