G102 retractable gear

Old June 16th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Murphy

Default G102 retractable gear

Dear All: I'm having problems with the linkage for the retractable
gear on my G102 Standard Astir III(c). I'm looking for any input on
where Grob parts can be obtained now that Grob stopped selling parts
directly through its Ohio office. Does anyone know who now sells and
services Grobs in the US? Also, if anyone has had problems with their
G102 gear (specifically, the gear linkage bending or shearing), I'd
like to hear from them as to how they fixed it and who did the work.
Thanks, John Murphy.
Old June 17th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Jun 16, 9:10*am, John Murphy wrote:
Dear All: *I'm having problems with the linkage for the retractable
gear on my G102 Standard Astir III(c). *I'm looking for any input *on
where Grob parts can be obtained now that Grob stopped selling parts
directly through its Ohio office. *Does anyone know who now sells and
services Grobs in the US? *Also, if anyone has had problems with their
G102 gear (specifically, the gear linkage bending or shearing), I'd
like to hear from them as to how they fixed it and who did the work.
Thanks, John Murphy.

I thought I'd heard that Robert Mudd in Moriarty is now the official
US Grob rep. And even if not, he's qualified to fix your glider.

If the problem is one of the steel weldments, it's likely a relatively
straightforward AC43.13 job to repair and/or reinforce it. If it's one
of those aluminum castings that Grob, for whatever reason, used too
many of, then maybe not so much.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old June 17th 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Jun 16, 10:10*am, John Murphy wrote:
Dear All: *I'm having problems with the linkage for the retractable
gear on my G102 Standard Astir III(c). *I'm looking for any input *on
where Grob parts can be obtained now that Grob stopped selling parts
directly through its Ohio office. *Does anyone know who now sells and
services Grobs in the US? *Also, if anyone has had problems with their
G102 gear (specifically, the gear linkage bending or shearing), I'd
like to hear from them as to how they fixed it and who did the work.
Thanks, John Murphy.

Hi John,

Thought you had a new spare U/C, sold it did you?

When a Colorado club needed undercarriage parts for their G-102, they
were only able to get them through

http://www.ltb-lindner.com/index_e.html
Rudolf Lindner GmbH & Co. KG
Alpenweg 11