Cabeling of ILEC SN10B with Flarm

Old April 23rd 10, 07:15 AM
mkaiser mkaiser is offline
Junior Member

Default Cabeling of ILEC SN10B with Flarm

Hi,

I have an ILEC SN10B and tried to connect it with a FLARM device. But unfortunately, the SN10B always tells me, that it does not get a GPS signal. Does anyone of you know how I have to cable both devices? In the end I'd like to use all features of the ILEC, like uploading tasks to flarm, etc., but first it would be great if I have a GPS signal.

I already have installed the latest firmware, 2.35.

Thanks for any advice,
Martin
Old April 23rd 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

--
mkaiser

Hi Martin - Many people are using ILEC SN10 v2.35
with FLARM. The FLARM connection is one of the
IGC "standard" connections, same as newer Volksloggers.
If your cable works with a Volkslogger, it should work
with FLARM.

Make *sure* you configure both FLARM and SN10
for communication at 19.2kb (19200) !

(Use the FLARM configuration tool or just edit
the FLARM configuration file on the uSD card...)

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Please post the problem you find to help others...
Old April 23rd 10, 01:58 PM
mkaiser mkaiser is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Nadler View Post
On Apr 23, 2:15*am, mkaiser
wrote:
[...]

Hi Dave,

thanks for your quick reply. The problem is, that it never worked before, also not with the Volkslogger, and I'm a newbie to this.

For the cabeling, does that mean that I just have to connect the 2 NMEA wires of the ILEC to the FLARM?

Best Regards,
Martin
Old April 23rd 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Apr 23, 8:58*am, mkaiser
wrote:
Dave Nadler;727323 Wrote:

On Apr 23, 2:15*am, mkaiser
wrote:-
[...]

Yes, per the ILEC SN10 manual:
http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/manuals.htm

Follow the diagram on page 82, just like
your were to hook up a Volkslogger.
Double-check your FLARM has this connector
(classic FLARM does, most do) - first !

Have fun,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"
Old July 12th 10, 04:04 PM
mkaiser mkaiser is offline
Junior Member

Hi Dave,

thanks again for your assistance. After one day search and complete disassembly of the plane I found the error in the cabling: Someone forgot to connect all data wires with Flarm (at a junction under the seat). Now the communication part between Flarm device and the ILEC is working.

But now I've got the next problem: I decided to put some new airspace and airport information onto the ILEC. So I deleted both pages for the ndb files. After I started the transfer software and connected the pc to the ILEC. The connection started and the ILEC displayed a dialog. Unluckily, I was unable to chose something, as no one of the buttons did accept any input. When I unplugged the serial cable, everything worked again, but then I was unable to transfer the file. So for now, I can't install the ndb files. Did you observe something like that before? Is there a way to install the files by installing them completely by using the PC? My ILEC software version is 2.35. I also tried 2.34, but also without success.

Best regards,
Martin