UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

Old January 15th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

So you feel that operating a UAV on this border patrol mission at a
cost that exceeds that of operating a C-182 by several orders of
magnitude is not worth griping about? Why is a UAV the platform of
choice in this mission? It's technology is unnecessary ill suited to
the mission; the money is better spent on ground agents and
deportation funding. There is no rational justification for using
UAVs, in my opinion. It's just a way for the Bush administration to
get headlines and pander to General Atomics's business interest
without materially affecting the influx of illegals which might dry up
the cheap labor pool.

I agree, BUT, show we ONE company that has put in a contract bid to do this
mission?

Anyone out there willing to do this job (covering the same loiter times as
the UAV) needs to come forward and put in a bid for it.

We can bitch all we want but if no one out there wants to do it, what is the
government supposed to do?

Old January 15th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico border

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
So why don't we just put the UAVs on the boarder above 18,000 ft?

It's "border". AAAAaaaaaagh!

A border is a boundary. A boarder is one who rents a flat.

You honestly expect people here to know how to spell?

Old January 15th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:29:26 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

ask the former border patrols from East-Germany. They have some knowledge.

Nah, they couldn't keep people *in*. This is a totally different problem.

hmm, and I always thought that it is important to keep you well protected
in LALA-land.

#m
--
If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?
If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
Old January 15th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 03:55:40 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

oh, I see, so the Great Wall of China or the Ligne Maginot -- both
built with the best technology available at the time, both to keep
some folks *out*, both just as successful -- would be better
examples then?

Poor examples. Both were designed to stop a military assault.

you're absolutely right! Mexicans not seeing a future in their country are
'invading' the country bordering to their north because they see a prosper
future there.

What is happening on the southern border of the U.S. is far more insidious
than that.

yeah. exhausted people, hungry and desperate.

#m
Old January 15th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

I doubt it. Are the UAV's going to swoop down and gather up the illegals?
By the time a UAV spots something and Border Patrol gets there the
illegals are long gone. Or are you saying the UAV's can discern between
normal everyday illegals and terrorist? If so I would like to hear more.

How you figure? illegals crossing the border are going to outrun a UAV
circling overhead? This I gotta see.

Old January 15th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

A border is a boundary. A boarder is one who rents a flat.

Actually, "room & board" means "a room and meals".

Thus, a "boarder" is actually someone who gets food along with their flat --
a relative rarity nowadays. A person who rents a flat, therefore, is
either a "roomer" or a "tenant"...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 15th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

What is happening on the southern border of the U.S. is far more insidious
than that.

yeah. exhausted people, hungry and desperate.

This from an AUSTRIAN?

Now THAT is funny. (Like a crutch.)

Immigration is what makes (and made) America. However, there are legal ways
to enter this country -- all we ask is that Mexican immigrants follow the
rules, as our ancestors did.

Or do you think North Africans should be allowed to enter Austria at any
pace, in any quantity, whenever they want?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 15th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:03:34 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

What is happening on the southern border of the U.S. is far more insidious
than that.

yeah. exhausted people, hungry and desperate.

This from an AUSTRIAN?

why are you stressing my nationality in this context?

Now THAT is funny. (Like a crutch.)

Immigration is what makes (and made) America. However, there are legal ways

it made America.

to enter this country -- all we ask is that Mexican immigrants follow the
rules, as our ancestors did.

Or do you think North Africans should be allowed to enter Austria at any
pace, in any quantity, whenever they want?

you are right about the rules. But you brought up the military stuff. It is
a social problem.

Here, esp. on the Spanish border (better: the base in North Africa), Europe
has a similar problem with illegal immigrants. I don't see a long term
solution coming up. We can't hide behind our fences forever.

#m
Old January 15th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Actually, "room & board" means "a room and meals".

Thus, a "boarder" is actually someone who gets food along with their

flat --
a relative rarity nowadays. A person who rents a flat, therefore, is
either a "roomer" or a "tenant"...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

The new theme for Jay's hotel "Boarders, Language and Culture" haha, just
kidding!

Old January 15th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

One assumes the UAVs are another set of eyes for the Border Patrol on
the ground.