Homebuilding Killed John Walton

Old August 14th 05, 06:41 PM
Charles Hawkins

You must not know much about the history of powered air flight. Once all
airplanes were built at home, in shops, and barns. Have you ever heard of
Orville or Wilber Wright? All of their gliders and planes were built at
home.

By the way had these homebuilt planes not been successful, there would have
never been a market for manufactured airplanes. Not everyone has the time
or skill to build their own plane, however many do, and can build airplanes
of design and performance that exceed the manufactured aircraft.

If you have ever seen an air race, almost all of these high performance
planes are handbuilt.

If you would take time to check out the data at the FAA, you would find
homebuilts have no greater occurance of accident than manufactured planes.

Most small plane accidents are operator induced, flying a plane beyond it's
design limits or simply forgetting to put fuel in the plane. These
accidents would occur whether it were homebuilt or manufactures.

You can't build a machine at home or in a plant that can overcome a person
who forget to put fuel in the plane, or flys when they shouldn't, such a bad
or marginal weather.

Check out your facts, and you might see beyond the fog bank to the truth.
"Mastic" wrote in message
news:1124031529.e28ad3f838e16d8462f60f23d4102196@t eranews...
Carl wrote:

I just read in the newspaper that John Walton, the billionaire son of
Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton, was killed in a homebuilt airplane? That
got me thinking to look for a NG that might be dedicated to this
activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Walton's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

Troll Alert!

Old August 14th 05, 06:53 PM
Matt Whiting

Mastic wrote:
Carl wrote:

I just read in the newspaper that John Walton, the billionaire son of
Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton, was killed in a homebuilt airplane? That
got me thinking to look for a NG that might be dedicated to this
activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Walton's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

Troll Alert!

This one is so obvious that no alert was needed...

Matt
Old August 14th 05, 07:42 PM
Roger

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:53:06 +1000, Mastic
wrote:

Troll Alert!

Yup, this thing shows up word-for-word (except for the person) every
few months.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com