A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FlywithCE Logger

Old July 3rd 19, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default FlywithCE Logger

My club wants to use one logger in our training glider to log multiple flights with different pilots for the purpose of reviewing flights as well as post in OLC. Is it possible to change the pilot info in the logbook after a days flying and then upload each Pilot’s flight?
Old July 3rd 19, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default FlywithCE Logger

After importing the day's flights into the Logbook application, you can modify each individual flight's pilot, aircraft, airfield, etc. and add free-form flight comments. However, and I suspect this may be what you're really wanting to understand, making those modifications does not change the actual info contained in the .igc log file for the flight. The .igc file will always contain the original configuration data you loaded into the FlyWithCE recorder. If a correct .igc file is the goal then you'd need to reconfigure the recorder with the right info before each flight.

I don't think OLC really cares, however, what pilots name appears in the .igc file. Rather, the flight will get credited to whatever pilot account is used to claim the flight. Same thing for the aircraft type.

Robert

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 11:46:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My club wants to use one logger in our training glider to log multiple flights with different pilots for the purpose of reviewing flights as well as post in OLC. Is it possible to change the pilot info in the logbook after a days flying and then upload each Pilot’s flight?