new engines

Old September 9th 04, 07:50 AM
Neal Fulco

Default new engines

Since all of our powered homebuilts need.....well...power, I'm always
on the lookout for the latest and greatest in engines as well as the
designs that they power. Awhile back I came across a couple of new
engines that may deserve watching. Keep in mind that, as far as I
know, these engines are still in development and haven't flow yet.

The developers of the Masquito helicopter wanted to power their
craft with a Jabiru engine, but felt the engine needed work. They
then developed an engine that they felt would work. Their
engine/story is at www.masquito.be.

After not seeing any updates on their website for quite awhile, I
e-mailed them and got a response from a fellow saying that their
helicopter project went basically "belly-up" but that they still
wanted to develop the engine. He said a couple of the engine
developers decided to abandon the project and start another venture.
This venture is a fixed wing aircraft and an engine for it and their
new website is www.lhaviation.com.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from the Masquito group with an update
on their engine. Their new website is www.ulpower.com. The fellow
from Masquito mentioned that the guys that originally worked on their
engine and eventually started lhaviation were quite optimistic on
their performance and weight claims, so keep this in mind when you
visit the lhaviation site.

Neal
Old September 10th 04, 01:28 AM
Leon McAtee

(Neal Fulco) wrote in message . com...

He said a couple of the engine
developers decided to abandon the project and start another venture.
This venture is a fixed wing aircraft and an engine for it and their
new website is
www.lhaviation.com.

Looks like a fat BD-5..............26" wide?!
==============
Leon McAtee
Just my first impression :-)
Old September 10th 04, 04:15 AM
Brett

Their new website is www.ulpower.com.
I went there and the dyno graph is not real. I have been around dynos
for years and have never seen that smooth of a curve.

If you want that HP with more tourqe right now. Then check out the
Harley at www.hog-air.com I am sure it will cost less as well.
Old September 11th 04, 12:45 PM
Deckard

You want to see optimistic check this engine out.

http://www.lhaviation.com/masschi/en/index.htm

105 hp a 3300 rpm and running weight of 101 lbs.
Engine in fully equipped and in running order, including electric starter,
generator, carburetor, exhausts, oil pump, radiators, oil and cooling fluid.

Jerry

om...

Old September 11th 04, 10:40 PM
UltraJohn

Thepower per cubic inch is about right, nothing wrong with that.
What sets up the red flag is the weight to cubic inch number.
101 lbs
156 cubic inch
and lets not forget at least 8-10 lbs of coolant. Another 10 pounds for the
radiator and 10-15 for the starter and 5 for the alternator. Lets see that
leaves about 60 to 65 lbs for a barebones 156 cubic inch engine. I have a
nice bridge I'll sale you for a cool million;-)
John

Old September 12th 04, 03:00 AM
Anthony

From the looks of it all they have done is some art work. It sounds to me
like they're selling blue sky.

Tony

"Deckard" wrote in message
You want to see optimistic check this engine out.

http://www.lhaviation.com/masschi/en/index.htm

105 hp a 3300 rpm and running weight of 101 lbs.
Engine in fully equipped and in running order, including electric starter,
generator, carburetor, exhausts, oil pump, radiators, oil and cooling

fluid.

Jerry

om...

Old September 12th 04, 06:40 PM
Neal Fulco

Deckard wrote:

You want to see optimistic check this engine out.

http://www.lhaviation.com/masschi/en/index.htm

105 hp a 3300 rpm and running weight of 101 lbs.
Engine in fully equipped and in running order, including electric starter,
generator, carburetor, exhausts, oil pump, radiators, oil and cooling
fluid.

Jerry

You forgot about 6-8 lbs. for the oil.

Neal
Old September 12th 04, 08:21 PM
UltraJohn

Neal Fulco wrote:

link.net...

Deckard wrote:

You want to see optimistic check this engine out.

http://www.lhaviation.com/masschi/en/index.htm

105 hp a 3300 rpm and running weight of 101 lbs.
Engine in fully equipped and in running order, including electric
starter, generator, carburetor, exhausts, oil pump, radiators, oil and
cooling fluid.

Jerry

You forgot about 6-8 lbs. for the oil.

Neal