Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Old March 11th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:55:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 10, 6:05*pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:31:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
If that bothers you don't think of landing at some of our back country
strips out here in the west. *You would have a heart attack at most of
them trying to thread the needle of trees, cliffs, creeks, stumps,
critters, etc.......

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com
N801BH

It's a little different when you miss a landing a kill a few pines v.s. the
neighbor's kids.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!

The trick is to not "miss a landing"... Can you say,, Go
Around ??????????

Or you could say "I never miss a landing" or any other level of irreality.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

If you are looking for perfect safety, you will do well to sit on a
fence and watch the birds; but if you really wish to learn, you must
mount a machine and become acquainted with its tricks by actual trial.

— Wilbur Wright, from an address to the Western Society of Engineers in
Chicago, 18 September 1901.

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.

— Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900.

I learned that danger is relative, and the inexperience can be a
magnifying glass.

— Charles A. Lindbergh

Or? Is it this one that grabs you?

Beware, dear son of my heart, lest in thy new-found power thou seekest
even the gates of Olympus . . . . These wings may bring thy freedom but
may also come thy death.

— Daedalus to Icarus, after teaching his son to use his new wings of wax
and feathers.

Old March 11th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

lol

Back to the Subject:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:42:43 -0600, cavelamb himself wrote:

If you are looking for perfect safety, you will do well to sit on a
fence and watch the birds; but if you really wish to learn, you must
mount a machine and become acquainted with its tricks by actual trial.

¡X Wilbur Wright, from an address to the Western Society of Engineers in
Chicago, 18 September 1901.

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.

¡X Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900.

I learned that danger is relative, and the inexperience can be a
magnifying glass.

¡X Charles A. Lindbergh

Or? Is it this one that grabs you?

Beware, dear son of my heart, lest in thy new-found power thou seekest
even the gates of Olympus . . . . These wings may bring thy freedom but
may also come thy death.

¡X Daedalus to Icarus, after teaching his son to use his new wings of wax
and feathers.

--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 11th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Neil Gould

Recently, WJRFlyBoy posted:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:20:58 -0400, Morgans wrote:

There are many, many airports that have structures or natural
obstacles much closer than this one. Yet, airplanes land and
takeoff from these places for many years with no incidents.
Occasionally there are problems, but that is why you buy insurance.

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? is the Subject, note the ?

You might even have to decide to give the airplane
to the insurance company someday, if a particularly crappy incident
happens to you - if you take up being a pilot. Planes and houses
don't grow on trees, but they are much easier to replace than people.

I suppose you could say you are at a higher risk if you live within
two miles of any airport. Is it a reasonable risk? I think so.

Two miles and 20 meters is entirely 2 different discussions.

(rest snipped for brevity)

Having read many of your posts, I have to agree with Morgans' suggestion
that you argue less and listen more. Once you start your flight training
you will find that many of your current concerns in areas such as this are
unwarranted. In the meantime, your arguments with those who actually fly
and understand the relevant issues neither serve your ultimate goal nor
help those who, like you, participate in this group to learn because
authoritatively stated misinformation is counterproductive.

A brief example; you will learn that you can't be off the runway by 20
meters at most airports without things getting ugly. You will also learn
that there will be times when you will be unable to take off or land at a
chosen airport, and how to judge those times reasonably well.

Be patient, listen, and learn!

Best,

Neil

Old March 11th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Any incidents?

Whenever you have 600 airplanes residing in a place, you are going to
have SOME incidents --ranging from groundloops to full-house "screwing
the pooch."

Old March 11th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
news.chi.sbcglobal.net

Logic would dictate that pilots who live right next to their airplanes
probably fly more than those who have to drive an hour or so to an airport.

And I would think that those who fly more are probably more proficient that
their less-fortunate brothers/sisters.

Which would make me think that living in an air park would probably be
somewhat safer than living next to a typical GA airport...

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

Old March 11th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

When marriage is outlawed, only outlaws will have inlaws.

Jim

: When immigration is outlawed, only outlaws will immigrate.

Old March 11th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"RST Engineering" wrote in news:13td9o855hqofd5
@news.supernews.com:

When marriage is outlawed, only outlaws will have inlaws.

Bwawhahwhahwha!

Bertie
Old March 11th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message ...
"Blueskies" wrote in
:

"WJRFlyBoy" wrote in message
This got me thinking, a rudderless Ercoupe in a multi-directional
wind landing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2NJFrvYls

Do you (I) really want a home that close to a GA landing strip? Yet I
see megabuck homes in my neck of the woods

http://www.visualtour.com/shownp.asp?prt=85&t=1217861

http://preview.tinyurl.com/39avgz Use satellite mode

Am I missing something? Isn't this a bit off the safety charts?
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!

Cake with a 'coupe. Faster than any other equal powered production
plane...

No, it wasn't. not by a long shot.

Luscombe, Rearwin, T cart. All faster on the same horsepower.

Bertie

Ercoupe 415, 85 hp, cruise ~110 mph
(http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/airc...upe-415-g.html)
Luscombe 8F, 90 hp, cruise ~95 mph
(http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/airc...scombe-8a.html)
Rearwin Sportster '8500', 85 hp, cruise ~103 mph
(http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%...0Sportster.htm)
Rearwin Speedster '6000C', 95 hp, cruise ~120 mph
(http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%...0Speedster.htm)
Taylorcraft BC-12D, 65 hp, 90-100 mph (http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%...aylorcraft.htm)

That was fun. T cart is T-craft?

Old March 11th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"WJRFlyBoy" wrote in message ...
This got me thinking, a rudderless Ercoupe in a multi-directional wind
landing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2NJFrvYls

Do you (I) really want a home that close to a GA landing strip? Yet I see
megabuck homes in my neck of the woods

http://www.visualtour.com/shownp.asp?prt=85&t=1217861

http://preview.tinyurl.com/39avgz Use satellite mode

Am I missing something? Isn't this a bit off the safety charts?

Home sweet home: http://www.airnav.com/airport/4N0

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? WJRFlyBoy Piloting 257 March 28th 08 01:26 PM
Airparks... .Blueskies. Owning 9 May 8th 06 04:14 PM
Airparks and clubs around Phoenix AZ ? gilan Home Built 3 March 9th 06 01:07 PM
Airparks near Austin TX TIm Gilbert Owning 14 October 3rd 05 03:18 PM
A New, New Direction for a Beaten Dead Horse Shawn Soaring 0 February 25th 05 01:57 PM