I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 24th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Lost your riddlin perskerpshun?

Bertie

Posted by a forger.

Old May 24th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On May 23, 2:32*pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
snip
An electrical engineer will, I think, have an easier time remembering
basic radio frequencies by virtue of the fact that s/he knows what a
frequency really is. Inn ground school, I tested hypothesis *by asking
the class (and the instructor), if the frequency was in megahertz or
kilohertz. *There was silence, as no one knew. This difference might
seem inconsequential and irrelevant until a pilot is asked to recite
all the standard frequencies. The EE, I think, might have an easier
time. The reason is context. When someone utters an RNAV frequency as
a number, the EE might think of many things, but often there is a
visualization. Maybe he thinks about the humps of sine waves. Maybe he
thinks about where it lies in spectrum, a few MHz beyond the FCC limit
on FM in the USA. Whatever he thinks, he will have something to think
about. *To some others, the number is just a number, surround by a
black void that provides no crutch for recollection.

Reciting frequencies? I dont know of any pilots who even try to
remember frequencies, other than 121.5 , you get your frequencies
off charts or out of ERSA and write them on your flight plan if
needed. Do you really visualise sine waves when you hear a radio
frequency? and think about them humping? Thats kind of kinky Le
Chaud, guess I just lack imagination.
But seriously this is rec.aviation.piloting Le Chaud, so why dont you
tell us about your flying training progress?. I would love to hear
about it, I assume from your name you are doing it in France? It
would be interesting to hear about how it differs from training
elsewhere. Its great that you know lots about physics, I bet you
would be able to tell a baseball player exactly why a ball can curve
in the air? but I suspect if you went over to rec.baseball they
prolly wouldnt be all that interested. but I reckon they would be on
sci.physics.

Old May 24th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On May 25, 12:38*am, terry wrote:
On May 24, 3:50*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Tina writes:
I doubt many ATPs toiled as long for their rating as long as
candidates for doctorates have in the halls of academia. *But it does
take different skill sets in most cases, doesn't it?

The important point is that the knowledge gap between an average ATP and an
average non-pilot is far smaller than the gap between someone with a PhD in
chemistry and someone with no special knowledge of chemistry.

Interesting. *As a PhD in chemistry myself I would estimate the
knowledge gap with someone with no special knowledge of chemistry to
be about 1000 *feet. *As a pilot , PPL only, *I estimate the knowledge
gap between me and an average non pilot to be about 5000 feet. *Now ,
I am not an ATP but I do know a couple, and one of them even talks to
me, as long there are no other ATPs around, *and I estimate a gap of
at least 35000 feet between them and me. *That would put the gap
between an ATP and an average non pilot at 40000 feet, so looks like
you are wrong again Maxie.

Do you really think Jo average knows some chemistry? Try asking a few
people what dihydrogenoxide or calcium carbonate is...

Cheers
Old May 24th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.notb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:OpVZj.1169$v94.236
@newsfe14.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Lost your riddlin perskerpshun?

Bertie

Posted by a forger.

Apparently, you have...

Bertie

Old May 24th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.notb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:kyEZj.766$v94.533
@newsfe14.lga:

:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tina writes:

I doubt many ATPs toiled as long for their rating as long as
candidates for doctorates have in the halls of academia. But it
does take different skill sets in most cases, doesn't it?

The important point is that the knowledge gap between an average

ATP
and an
average non-pilot is far smaller than the gap between someone with

PhD in
chemistry and someone with no special knowledge of chemistry.

How would you know dumb ass, you're neither.

Lost your riddlin perskerpshun?

Bertie

Going to front me some, Snortie the nosehit.

Where does one get riddlin? (that just has to be a good straight line
for someone! )

Bertie
Old May 24th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:kpVZj.1167$v94.949
@newsfe14.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You don't fly fjukktard

Bertie

Posted by a forger.

Snort!

Bertie
Old May 24th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Forgger

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:ApVZj.1168$v94.955
@newsfe14.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Snort!

Dumm and dummer.

Bertie

Posted by a forger.

And dummer again.

Bertie
Old May 24th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Maxwell luv2^fly99@live.^com wrote in news:MPG.22a13f489d3d65f398b066
@notbxpats.edu:

In article , Bertie the
Bunyip says...

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Logajan writes:

I do not know about you, but given a choice between riding in an
airplane piloted by a certificated pilot who has an incorrect

grasp
of aerodynamics
and an aerodynamics engineer who has no piloting experience, I'd

go
with the certificated pilot. ;-)

When choosing an aircraft, however, I'd go with the aircraft

designed
by an
engineer, rather than one designed by a pilot.

Based on no experience at all. What a dumb ****.

Snort!

Dumm and dummer.

Is he making it his lifes work to Feed the Trolls?

Apparently. He's showing us a thing or two, i suppose.

Bertie
Old May 24th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.notb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:YoVZj.1166$v94.338
@newsfe14.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
It was that white powder on the table that muddied his keyboard.

ooohkay..

Bertie

Posted by a forger.

Really?

Got proof?

No?

Didna thin sooo.

Bertie

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM