Flare To Land...

Old October 30th 04, 11:13 AM
José Herculano

I can't remember if it was in this NG or elsewhere, but I remember hearing
of an instance of someone at the CAG level having a civilian tailor craft
a white double-knit ****cutter (garrison cap to uninitiated) to wear with
the Tropical White Long uniform. Can anyone expand / clarify?

http://www.tailhook.org/3Crowd.htm

____________
José Herculano

Old October 30th 04, 02:11 PM

"Mike Kanze" wrote in message ...
I can't remember if it was in this NG or elsewhere, but I remember hearing
of an instance of someone at the CAG level having a civilian tailor craft a
white double-knit ****cutter (garrison cap to uninitiated) to wear with the
Tropical White Long uniform. Can anyone expand / clarify?

Capt. "Moon" Vance, CO VX-4
http://www.tailhook.org/3Crowd.htm
Old October 30th 04, 03:15 PM
Pechs1

Ed- You're a mere youth. The Rippers were still flying F-4s when I was
aboard. Would have been '76 or '77 during a "Flat Iron" exercise. BRBR

Ahhh yes. Sister squadron was VF-74. I was a nugget in VF-33 onboard
Independence with VF-102...

P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old October 30th 04, 06:13 PM
Mike Kanze

José et al,

Thanks. That was it.

--
Mike Kanze

"Do witches run spell-checkers?"

- Old word processing joke

Old October 31st 04, 02:32 AM
John Weiss

"Yofuri" wrote...
Once upon a long, long time ago (even before short-sleeved khaki shirts were
allowed), CPO's still wore dungarees, Aviation Greens were worn with matching
green elastique blouse instead of flight jacket, Stewards and Chaplains wore
gray, white garrison caps were worn with Tropical White Long and Short, and
personnel who rated so many awards and decorations that they sagged the dress
uniform could wear a sash.

Don't forget the safari hats with Trop Khaki Short...

Old October 31st 04, 12:24 PM
John Carrier

Moon and Bullet Canepa both had one in their wardrobe for "special"
occasions.

R / John

wrote in message
om...

Old October 31st 04, 03:17 PM
John Weiss

Yep -- the pith helmet. Couldn't remember that part...

Only place I ever was stationed where we could wear them was Roosy Roads in the
70s.

"Yofuri" wrote...
Are you referring to the khaki pithpot?

"John Weiss" wrote
Don't forget the safari hats with Trop Khaki Short...