28 years, 9000 hours

Old February 29th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

Default 28 years, 9000 hours

"Phil J" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 12:05 pm, "Marco Leon"
wrote:

Yeah, I figured that if Riahard Collins' mission changes, it would be less
hours of the same type of flying so he'll need a more capable machine. I
was
commenting on owner/pilots in general that don't fly as much but are still
spending 15 AMUs a year keeping their bird in the air.

Marco

AMUs. Accumulated Marriage Units? Does that equal about $1,000?

Depends on how you define "marriage units." Considering the subject, not
very many things are priced that low.

But yes, the AMUs I'm speaking of is 1:1,000 (but please don't let the wifey
in on that formula or our collective geese will be cooked!)

Marco

Old March 1st 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 29, 11:06*am, Phil J wrote:
On Feb 29, 12:05*pm, "Marco Leon"
wrote:

AMUs. * Accumulated Marriage Units? *Does that equal about $1,000?

Aviation Monitary Units. A single unit is $1,000. This is because you
really can't even go into a shop for an oil change without spending
about $1,000 so why bother with the needless extra digits.

-Robert

Old March 1st 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Any of you guys out there ever "downgrade?" If so, how was it?

I know a couple of guys who have "downgraded" to LSAs after years of buzzing
around in Barons and Mooneys. They seem mighty happy.

Personally, I expect to "downgrade" to a CT (or similar) when the kids are
out of the house, and I no longer need a 1460 pound useful load. Four
gallons per hour sounds mighty fine, most days.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 1st 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-03-01, Jay Honeck wrote:
Personally, I expect to "downgrade" to a CT (or similar) when the kids are
out of the house, and I no longer need a 1460 pound useful load. Four
gallons per hour sounds mighty fine, most days.

Hm. Maybe I should stop at your place on my way home with the Zodiac...
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old March 1st 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Any of you guys out there ever "downgrade?" If so, how was it?

I know a couple of guys who have "downgraded" to LSAs after years of
buzzing around in Barons and Mooneys. They seem mighty happy.

Personally, I expect to "downgrade" to a CT (or similar) when the kids
are out of the house, and I no longer need a 1460 pound useful load.
Four gallons per hour sounds mighty fine, most days.

And another airplane up in blazes.

Bertie
Old March 1st 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Hm. Maybe I should stop at your place on my way home with the Zodiac...

I'd love to see it. I've flown a CT, but never even sat in a Zodiac...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old March 1st 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

More like "Anti Marriage Units".
"Marco Leon" wrote in message

Old March 1st 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:8Scyj.3765$TT4.3273
@attbi_s22:

Hm. Maybe I should stop at your place on my way home with the Zodiac...

I'd love to see it. I've flown a CT, but never even sat in a Zodiac...

I'm sure the zodiac will live..

Bertie
Old March 2nd 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shirl

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
I'd love to see it. I've flown a CT, but never even sat in a Zodiac...

If I missed it, sorry for the repeat, but ... what did you think of the
CT after flying it? There's one in a hangar around the corner from mine.
I LOVE the look of it and hope to fly it one day when the guy has time.
He says it outperforms the Skycatcher (I think it's around the same
price ... over $100K). He said the new one has 13" more in the fuselage
and has a different-shaped baggage door that will allow you to get
bigger items in and out with ease. This guy is a distributor, so of
course he has nothing but praise for it, but I'm curious to know what
you thought of it. If you'd consider having one, I'm guessing you
must've liked it.

Shirl
Old March 2nd 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-03-02, Shirl wrote:
If I missed it, sorry for the repeat, but ... what did you think of the
CT after flying it? There's one in a hangar around the corner from mine.
I LOVE the look of it and hope to fly it one day when the guy has time.
He says it outperforms the Skycatcher (I think it's around the same
price ... over $100K). He said the new one has 13" more in the fuselage
and has a different-shaped baggage door that will allow you to get
bigger items in and out with ease. This guy is a distributor, so of
course he has nothing but praise for it, but I'm curious to know what
you thought of it. If you'd consider having one, I'm guessing you
must've liked it.

A friend who's evaluated a LOT of the LSAs out there, and flown a nontrivial
number, tells me the CT has a very abrupt stall, and if you encounter that
on landing and drop the aircraft in from a few feet off the ground, the gear
has a nasty tendency to break off - at which point Bad Things happen.

I don't know that personally, and the CT wasn't on my list of candidate
aircraft anyway...

From what I've seen, though, *anything* outperforms the Skycatcher. The
aircraft is a hog, with only 425 pounds useful load - more than 100 less
than just about any other LSA. The main reason they have the number of
orders they do is that, apparently, every Cessna aircraft dealer was forced
to order 10 of them, and Cessna Pilot Centers were forced to order one. At
that rate, it's not hard to run up 400 orders.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)