Butterfly Variometers - In Stock

Old September 19th 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Butterfly Variometers - In Stock

Hi,

The new butterfly variometers are now in stock. You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Old September 19th 12, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Sep 19, 3:26*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

The new butterfly variometers are now in stock. *You can see details hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Is this variometer gold plated?
Old September 19th 12, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:26:54 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi, The new butterfly variometers are now in stock. You can see details he http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm Best Regards, Paul Remde Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Craggy Aero has had the Butterfly Vario in stock for a month and I personally have over 20 hours of flight testing on the vario. If you want first hand impression of the vario please call.

See the YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

Richard
Craggy Aero LLC
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 20th 12, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Andrzej,

No. It is just "full featured". It has an artificial horizon, IGC approved
logger (pending), speed to fly vario, FLARM display, simple navigation, etc.
it is a very impressive product. They will also offer a nice full-featured
navigation display to go with it in the future. It is not inexpensive, but
it is an interesting product.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old September 20th 12, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Can this vario use electronic TE compensation (only pitot and static connections) or does it require a TE compensated pressure source?
Old September 20th 12, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:57:03 PM UTC-6, Richard wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:26:54 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:

Hi, The new butterfly variometers are now in stock. You can see details he http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm Best Regards, Paul Remde Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Craggy Aero has had the Butterfly Vario in stock for a month and I personally have over 20 hours of flight testing on the vario. If you want first hand impression of the vario please call.

See the YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

Richard

Craggy Aero LLC

www.craggyaero.com

Richard and Paul,
This looks nice but does anyone have any idea when it might get approval as a logger. I waited almost a year with my PF and never happened (Sold the PF with the old ship). I am setting up a new panel this off season and if I buy this and a new PF I still wont have an approved logger. Do you guys expect the customer service to be better on this than the PF?
Thanks

Old September 20th 12, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Good question. The manual does not mention the option to use electronic
compensation only (no TE probe). It mentions that the TE probe must be
connected to the TE connection on the unit.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old September 20th 12, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

"K" wrote in message

Richard and Paul,
This looks nice but does anyone have any idea when it might get approval as
a logger. I waited almost a year with my PF and never happened (Sold the PF
with the old ship). I am setting up a new panel this off season and if I buy
this and a new PF I still wont have an approved logger. Do you guys expect
the customer service to be better on this than the PF?
Thanks

Hi,

I don't have an answer. I will ask Butterfly.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old September 20th 12, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:10:17 AM UTC-7, K wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:57:03 PM UTC-6, Richard wrote: On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:26:54 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote: Hi, The new butterfly variometers are now in stock. You can see details he http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm Best Regards, Paul Remde Cumulus Soaring, Inc. Craggy Aero has had the Butterfly Vario in stock for a month and I personally have over 20 hours of flight testing on the vario. If you want first hand impression of the vario please call. See the YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU Richard Craggy Aero LLC www.craggyaero.com Richard and Paul, This looks nice but does anyone have any idea when it might get approval as a logger. I waited almost a year with my PF and never happened (Sold the PF with the old ship). I am setting up a new panel this off season and if I buy this and a new PF I still wont have an approved logger. Do you guys expect the customer service to be better on this than the PF? Thanks

Is the Butterfly Vario also an IGC-certified Logger?
Yes. There is an IGC-Logger built into the Integrated Sensor Unit (ISU) of the system. The IGC-Logger is in certification right now (01/2012) and will be certified after the highest possible level.

I will check with Butterfly to get an update.

You may also want to look a the Butterfly Avionics site

http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/index.php/en/

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old September 20th 12, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:10:17 AM UTC-6, K wrote:
This looks nice but does anyone have any idea when it might get approval as a logger. I waited almost a year with my PF and never happened (Sold the PF with the old ship). I am setting up a new panel this off season and if I buy this and a new PF I still wont have an approved logger. Do you guys expect the customer service to be better on this than the PF?

Depending on what you need your logger for, that SN10 that you have works fine for all US contests and OLC. And didn't you say it came with a Volkslogger, which is still on the list of approved loggers?

Those should work until either the PF or Butterfly get approved.

Yes, the Volkslogger is a pain to use. But the SN10 (with the USB adaptor) is as painless as it gets; unless you are going for badges give the VL to your local club, hook up a cheap GPS to the SN10, and go fly.

Kirk

This Just In- Butterfly [email protected] Soaring 6 February 17th 12 09:00 PM
Variometers for other Soaring Sports ContestID67 Soaring 11 November 4th 08 02:55 PM
Gizmo Variometers? Mike C 17 Soaring 1 August 19th 06 07:01 PM
FS: Winter variometers Marc Ramsey Soaring 0 June 1st 06 07:46 AM
S&V variometers? chris Soaring 7 January 5th 06 06:43 PM