The Jolly Rogers' new Rhino

Old November 26th 04, 08:19 PM
José Herculano

Default The Jolly Rogers' new Rhino

Thanks to the kindness of Gerry Clarke, the Jolly Rogers history webpage at

http://www.almansur.com/jollyrogers/

Has been updated with pictures of the very first F/A-18F to be painted in
full VFA-103 Jolly Rogers colors. Check the Bugs with Bones chapter.
_____________
José Herculano

Old November 28th 04, 03:21 PM
Pechs1

Jose- Thanks to the kindness of Gerry Clarke, the Jolly Rogers history
webpage at

http://www.almansur.com/jollyrogers/

Has been updated with pictures of the very first F/A-18F to be painted in
full VFA-103 Jolly Rogers colors. Check the Bugs with Bones chapter. BRBR

I say-that really seems odd me, still. A history of the VF-103(formerly the
Sluggers), now the Jolly Rogers(Formerly VF-84)...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old November 28th 04, 09:44 PM
Typhoon502

(Pechs1) wrote in message ...
Jose- Thanks to the kindness of Gerry Clarke, the Jolly Rogers history
webpage at

http://www.almansur.com/jollyrogers/

Has been updated with pictures of the very first F/A-18F to be painted in
full VFA-103 Jolly Rogers colors. Check the Bugs with Bones chapter. BRBR

I say-that really seems odd me, still. A history of the VF-103(formerly the
Sluggers), now the Jolly Rogers(Formerly VF-84)...

"VFA-103 will be the first operational squadron using the Advanced Aft
Crew Station, that for the first time provides the WSOs with larger
displays and "decoupled" cockpit stations. One of the advantages is
that these Block 26 aircraft can perform air-to-air and air-to-ground
missions simultaneously, with each crew member operating independently
the sensors and the weapons. The Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking
Infrared sensor (ATFLIR) will give the Super Hornet targeting
abilities superior to the Tomcat / LANTIRN combo."

Hey, that sounds kinda spiffy. Maybe they can play head-to-head Pong
on the MFDs during long transits too.
Old November 29th 04, 02:34 AM
Jim Carriere

Typhoon502 wrote:
Hey, that sounds kinda spiffy. Maybe they can play head-to-head Pong
on the MFDs during long transits too.

That's the funniest thing I've read here in a while.

On a related note, the FLIR kits in the H-60 helos deployed on small
boys includes a VCR. Whatever the FLIR is looking at gets sent down
the datalink to the ship in real time, so everybody can watch it down
there. If the VCR is playing a tape, that gets sent instead. You
can fill in the blanks on the possibilities.

Old November 30th 04, 02:23 AM
Elmshoot

Maybe they can play head-to-head Pongon the MFDs during long transits too.

I was told that when the ICAP version of the Prowler was in development (Mid
-70's) that one of the Navy guys quiped after seeing the back seat DDI's that
they need to have PONG in the program. It was two or three weeks later that the
Navy discovered the engineers were working on that and how to share dedicated
computer space to play PONG. I was on the first Prowler ICAP deployment in
VAQ-135 Kitty Hawk 79-80.
Sparky