The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD

Old February 20th 12, 08:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alex[_5_]

Default The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD

On Feb 18, 9:05*pm, kd6veb wrote:
Hi Gang
* I have just purchased and received a copy of ths DVD. Its excellent
with Walt Disney himself providing some of the commentary. The story
is about someone learning to fly sailplanes and almost everything
shown is as pertinent now as it was back in the 60s. The condors are
spectacular and a flock of several of them are shown flying together.
I guess the film was made prior to the DDT problems that almost wiped
them out in the 60s. A lake landing of a 1-26 is shown with no
probelms, also a landing and takeoff on the beach below Torres Pines,
and an interesting XC for a diamond badge in the Owens Valley in bad
weather. All in all a happy interesting DVD. I would have no
hesitation in recommending this DVD to a general audience or to any of
my sailplane friends.
Dave

I vote with you, and not only that, I think Margaret Birsner is HOT!

Condor+SYM/HP310? sisu1a Soaring 5 November 25th 10 12:20 AM
Condor Soaring Jacob Olsen Soaring 7 January 5th 06 12:11 PM
Condor flight sim nimbusgb Soaring 6 May 18th 05 01:31 PM
TL-232 Condor for sale Sten-Anders Fellman Aviation Marketplace 0 September 26th 04 03:29 PM
We flew the umbrella. RAF flew clamshell ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 July 22nd 04 04:14 PM