Tragic Double Fatality?

Old April 1st 13, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Osoba

Default Tragic Double Fatality?

Ck. Michael Graves' comments on his March 30, 2013 OLC flight posting.

Gary
Old April 1st 13, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Gary,

Wow. That is very tragic.
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=2854506
notes from the flight by Michael Graves copied below.

"Today we lost EDDIE HOGLAN, my best friend, and TAYLOR BROWN, my best
glider student, in an inflight wing failure on a Ka7. My club intentionally
did not call this news to me until I landed from my xc flight."

Paul Remde
_______________________________

Old April 1st 13, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom K (ES)

http://www.kcbd.com/story/21840513/2...d-glider-crash
Old April 1st 13, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom K (ES)

https://www.facebook.com/RipTaylorBrown?fref=ts
Old April 1st 13, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Monday, April 1, 2013 8:08:45 AM UTC-6, Tom K (ES) wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/RipTaylorBrown?fref=ts

Very sad.
Old April 2nd 13, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom K (ES)

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/loc...OpKzB1V2w.cspx
Old April 3rd 13, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:56:26 AM UTC-7, Tom K (ES) wrote:
http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/loc...OpKzB1V2w.cspx

Horrible! Especially when a 13 years old perishes!
Old April 3rd 13, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Apr 2, 7:45*pm, Ramy wrote:
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:56:26 AM UTC-7, Tom K (ES) wrote:
http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/loc...an-Taylor-Jame...

Horrible! Especially when a 13 years old perishes!

One keeps wondering if a parachute would help. Did they have any?

Terrible loss for the community. Deepest sympathy for family and
friends. I got a 13 year old son. Hard to imagine such a loss.
Devastating...
Old April 3rd 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

My god. I cannot imagine. So sorry to the families and friends of these pilots. Pit in my stomach, as with every one of these sad reports. I worry about old gliders out there.
Sean
F2
Old April 3rd 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Liam

On Apr 2, 6:02*pm, "Sean F (F2)" wrote:
My god. *I cannot imagine. *So sorry to the families and friends of these pilots. *Pit in my stomach, as with every one of these sad reports. *I worry about old gliders out there.
Sean
F2

Looks like the Ka7 might become the new Blanik.

http://www.myplainview.com/news/arti...9bb2963f4.html

I wonder how many are still flying in the US?

FATALITY IN SO. CAL. Vorsanger1 Soaring 5 September 18th 09 03:32 PM
Yet another fatality.... Bob Soaring 2 October 5th 06 06:09 AM
Airman always recalls hour of tragic military crash Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 March 23rd 04 08:05 PM
Veteran revists site of tragic crash Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 February 20th 04 11:14 PM
RAF sq 26 . Need help so find log for a tragic day 2nd July 1944 Vidar Holum Military Aviation 1 November 26th 03 11:09 AM