Another CNVV query

Old March 3rd 15, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Davidson

Default Another CNVV query

Thanks for all the helpful responses to my earlier questions. Since no good deed goes unpunished, I have a couple of additional questions for pilots who have obtained their "Licence Equivalence" to fly in France.

The instructions I received from CNVV say that in addition to a copy of my pilot's license the French authorities require some sort of authentication of my license signed by the FAA. I am not aware that the FAA issues special letters such as that, so I wanted to know what the French authorities have accepted from other American pilots to satisfy this requirement.

The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than one year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third Class Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to find out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have to get a Second Class medical.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,

Don Davidson
Old March 3rd 15, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Pentecost[_2_]

When they say Class 2 medical, they mean EASA (European Aviation Safety
Agency) Class 2.
Here is a link to the UK requirements:
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?ca...=90&pageid=528

The medical takes around 40 minutes to complete and costs (for me in the
UK) around £85, say $120, or every second year when you also need an ECG
around £150.

The EASA Class 2 standard is common across all of Europe so any Class 2
gained in Europe will suffice.
There may also be rated Aviation Medical Examiners in the USA?

Good luck,
Roy

=
pilot's license the French authorities require some sort of

authentication
=
of my license signed by the FAA. I am not aware that the FAA issues
special=
letters such as that, so I wanted to know what the French authorities
have=
accepted from other American pilots to satisfy this requirement.

The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than
o=
ne year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third
C=
lass Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to
fi=
nd out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have
t=
o get a Second Class medical.=20

Old March 4th 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than one year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third Class Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to find out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have to get a Second Class medical.

David,
Its best to contact them directly regarding the license and medical. When I contacted them admitting I have no medical, because US doesn't require it, they responded that they will get a medical swiftly right there on site, for some insignificant amount of money.
Hope that helps best,
GK
Old March 4th 15, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than one year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third Class Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to find out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have to get a Second Class medical.

Don,
Its best to contact them directly regarding the license and medical. When contacted them admitting having no medical, since US doesn't require it, they responded that they will get me a medical exam swiftly on the spot, for some insignificant amount of money.
Hope that helps,
GK
Old March 4th 15, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

they don't count looking up your certificate in the airman's database as being authoritative?

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

Old March 4th 15, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

No.
You must have the physical paperwork in hand.
Old March 7th 15, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

By international treaty for a foreign governmental agency to accept another goverment's documents you must have an apostle (spelling ?) attached.
Old April 10th 15, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (2NO)

Or... just go to Omarama, NZ and enjoy stress free awesome flying and an friendly accommodating environment on the ground.
Old April 10th 15, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Oh, but France is France, very special place in this world! I know other places are special too, but France!!!! Not sure if you could tell but I do love France! Trying to put together a plan to move there within 5 years!
Old April 15th 15, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 12:18:18 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Oh, but France is France, very special place in this world! I know other places are special too, but France!!!! Not sure if you could tell but I do love France! Trying to put together a plan to move there within 5 years!

Me too! Willing to share info.

CNVV question Don Davidson Soaring 20 March 9th 15 07:25 AM
Colibri II query waremark Soaring 11 October 19th 12 02:45 AM
Another first glider query. Timinnc Soaring 12 January 13th 11 04:06 AM
Yet another PA-28 wingtip query... Mike Spera Owning 2 August 4th 09 03:07 AM
A query news Military Aviation 2 October 18th 03 04:27 PM