NAVMAN 3450 question

Old August 2nd 05, 01:59 AM
RW

Default NAVMAN 3450 question

Does anyone have experience with the Navman 3450 GPS Navigation
Sleeve for IPAQ? I'm specifically wondering if lat/long coordinates
can be directly entered into the unit. From the literature, I get the
impression that you must enter an address or intersection name. Are
there any other PDA/ GPS products out there that I should consider?
Trying to realize the impossible dream of an actual spousal unit
ground retrieval in a landout pinch Thanks in advance for
any help
Old August 2nd 05, 02:04 AM
Mal

Address only on the version of navman pin

http://www.navman.com/go/aus/ ask Navman

Old August 2nd 05, 02:08 PM
basils27

You are confusing hardware and software. The 3450 is a gps sleeve and
supplies NMEA data to the Ipaq. The software that comes with it won't
accept lats and longs. I use a 3450 and IPAQ with Tom Tom navigator.
Version 3 will accept lats and long and version five can do if you use a
free utility to put the lat and long in as a "point of interest"

Basil

Old August 2nd 05, 02:59 PM
Tim Mara

our attempts to use the Navman for flight navigation software were less than
sterling.......It does not appear that the Navman transmits GPS altitude
sentences....or?
If anyone wants an Navman I do have a brand new one here (works great for
Vehicle navigation and is tidy!) you can have cheap.. TomTom on the other
hand does work fine with Flight navigation (FlywithCE Navigator) and works
great for vehicle navigations as well making it quite an impressive option
for glider pilots who want to use their PDA for something other than just
glider use.
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old August 2nd 05, 03:31 PM

The Navman will transmit altitude, as long as you didn't run the crappy
road nav program which was supplied with the unit. If you did, then you
need to reset the gps, using a simple utility. I occasionally use the
NAMVAN 3450 with an IPAQ 3835 when I flying club gliders, and it works
just fine.

I use PocketMap Navigator for road navigation. It will accept Lat/Long.
This is a real nice program with many features.

Old August 2nd 05, 05:31 PM
Pete S

wrote in message
ups.com...
The Navman will transmit altitude, as long as you didn't run the crappy
road nav program which was supplied with the unit. If you did, then you
need to reset the gps, using a simple utility. I occasionally use the
NAMVAN 3450 with an IPAQ 3835 when I flying club gliders, and it works
just fine.

I use PocketMap Navigator for road navigation. It will accept Lat/Long.
This is a real nice program with many features.

Snip

Where do you get the utility from?

Peter.

Old August 3rd 05, 05:29 PM
basils27

Utility is on the Winpilot power flying software site. Once you have reset
the sleeve ditch the Smart ST road nav software and you will never have to
run it again.

http://www.winpilot.com/VFR/Default.htm

Basil

"Pete S" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old August 5th 05, 03:18 PM

Try this link: http://pocketmap.com/accessories/Win...itor_Setup.zip

Navman 3450 Doug Snyder Soaring 7 May 10th 05 02:20 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM
Navman PiN Pocket PC for glider usage [email protected] Soaring 1 February 8th 05 12:17 AM