SRA Poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 18th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sam Giltner[_1_]

Default SRA Poll

I would like to thank the people responsible for putting together the SRA
Poll. A lot of work for sure.
I do take issue with item 3.0 and 3.1, Club Class
First 3.0 states that the WGCs Club Class List is too unstable and
excludes too many ships in widespread use in the US. The whole idea of a
Club Class is to have a class of gliders based on similar performance, not
on how many different gliders are being flown in this country. I also find
the statement "the WGC Club Class List is unstable" questionable. The
IGC has a very specific list of gliders allowed in the WGC. It is
published on line. Why not use what the rest of the world uses. If we want
to compete with the rest of the world we need to do as they do.
3.0 further states that if a Club Class were to be implemented it would be
a "Major Change" and it would be implemented gradually.
The way it is stated:
1st year- Demonstration contest by waiver
2nd year-Regionals and super regional contest
3rd year-Nationals Contest
4th year-The US team would use it for WGC
3.1 then ask-Should we proceed with the introduction of a Club Class "as
described above".
To me this is a two fold question;
1. Do you favor a Club Class?
2. Do you want to wait 4 years to fully implement the Club Class?
Some people may want the Club Class to begin right away. After all the
IGC already has the rules in place. Other countries have had a very
successful Club Class for years! Why do we have to vote for a Club Class
"as described above"? Why can't we vote for a Club Class in one or two
years.
Please note that if you vote YES to 3.1 you vote to have a Club Class but
you also vote to a 4 year wait for it to be fully implemented.
Why should we have to wait 4 years if we want a Club Class. I encourage
you to vote "yes" but also write in the "other issues" area that you
vote "yes" with the stipulation that we do it ASAP! The IGC has the
rules, gliders, handicaps, etc already in place. We can use the format of
the last WGC and move forward.
These are my thoughts only. Thanks, 5 Ugly LS1-F

Poll - Dumbshits Ol Shy & Bashful Piloting 5 August 28th 08 10:30 PM
SRA Poll Sam Giltner Soaring 10 November 3rd 07 05:09 PM
Owner's poll Mxsmanic Piloting 35 October 29th 06 01:09 AM
Poll: best bird under $35K? psyshrike Owning 38 November 22nd 04 01:56 PM
SRA poll open (USA) Mark Navarre Soaring 1 September 20th 03 01:03 AM