Thank You, Veterans

Old November 11th 04, 11:20 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Thank You, Veterans

On this, the Armistice Day (now known as Veteran's Day) of the "War to End
All Wars", it's only right and fitting that we take a moment to thank those
here who have served our country.

I know there are many veteran pilots who populate this group. I, for one,
salute you all, and thank you for helping to keep us free.

Sincerely,
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 12th 04, 12:22 AM
Blueskies

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:JsSkd.22647$V41.22546@attbi_s52...
On this, the Armistice Day (now known as Veteran's Day) of the "War to End All Wars", it's only right and fitting that
we take a moment to thank those here who have served our country.

I know there are many veteran pilots who populate this group. I, for one, salute you all, and thank you for helping
to keep us free.

Sincerely,
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Indeed, thanks to all who have helps to keep us free...

I know we (USA) used to call this Armistice Day, but now we call it Veteran's Day. When did we change it?

Old November 12th 04, 02:43 AM
John T Lowry

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
On this, the Armistice Day (now known as Veteran's Day) of the "War to
End All Wars", it's only right and fitting that we take a moment to
thank those here who have served our country.

I know there are many veteran pilots who populate this group. I, for
one, salute you all, and thank you for helping to keep us free.

Sincerely,
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I went to the dentist today for a cleaning and the dental assistant
thanked me, assuming I was a veteran (which I am, Viet Nam era), for
serving our country. I was pleased.

John Lowry
Flight Physics
SS-409

Old November 12th 04, 04:17 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Blueskies wrote:

I know we (USA) used to call this Armistice Day, but now we call it Veteran's Day. When did we change it?

The first "Veteran's Day" was celebrated in 1953, but Congress didn't officially
change the name until 1954. We called it Armistice Day because the armistice that
ended WWI went into effect on that day. We changed the name a couple of wars later.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old November 12th 04, 07:20 AM
bryan chaisone

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:JsSkd.22647$V41.22546@attbi_s52...
On this, the Armistice Day (now known as Veteran's Day) of the "War to End
All Wars", it's only right and fitting that we take a moment to thank those
here who have served our country.

I know there are many veteran pilots who populate this group. I, for one,
salute you all, and thank you for helping to keep us free.

Sincerely,

Great idea Jay. I spent about an hour at the new memorial in DC. It is beautiful.

Bryan
Old November 12th 04, 01:07 PM
Jay Honeck

I know there are many veteran pilots who populate this group. I, for
one,
salute you all, and thank you for helping to keep us free.

Sincerely,

Great idea Jay. I spent about an hour at the new memorial in DC. It is
beautiful.

We watched "Saving Private Ryan" on ABC last night, and -- as usual -- I was
awed and humbled by the sacrifices my father's generation made. What they
went through to liberate Europe was so terrible, and so selfless.

It's awful to ponder all of today's children and grandchildren, snuffed out
before they were born. Darn near and entire generation, gone.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 13th 04, 01:35 AM
Tlewis95

Thanks vets, for keeping us free!
Old November 13th 04, 01:41 AM
Slav Inger

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news

On this, the Armistice Day (now known as Veteran's Day) of the "War to End
All Wars", it's only right and fitting that we take a moment to thank those
here who have served our country.

I know there are many veteran pilots who populate this group. I, for one,
salute you all, and thank you for helping to keep us free.

Sincerely,

Aye to that. Half of my family was wiped out in WWII, so days like
these do hold significance for me. Thanks to all who fought for
freedom!

- Slav Inger
- PP ASEL IA @ YIP
Old November 17th 04, 02:25 AM
Jay Somerset

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 04:17:26 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Blueskies wrote:

I know we (USA) used to call this Armistice Day, but now we call it Veteran's Day. When did we change it?

The first "Veteran's Day" was celebrated in 1953, but Congress didn't officially
change the name until 1954. We called it Armistice Day because the armistice that
ended WWI went into effect on that day. We changed the name a couple of wars later.

It is also know as "Remembrance Day" in some countries (e.g. Canada).

Old November 17th 04, 02:34 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Somerset wrote:

It is also know as "Remembrance Day" in some countries (e.g. Canada).

Well, if they were smart enough to call it that after the Great War, then they
didn't even have to change the name when we started numbering them.