US Sectionals for GlidePlan now available on soaringdata.info

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17th 14, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default US Sectionals for GlidePlan now available on soaringdata.info

On a recent business trip I spent the solitary evenings in the hotel writing the code to automate the production of GlidePlan sectionals. I must have been really bored or something.

Anyway, that means up-to-date sectionals are now available on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. Go to the "Sectionals" tab and find the link for the GlidePlan files. You need to download both the .jpg and the .tfw file, and install them in an appropriately named subfolder of the GlidePlan maps folder.

Production of these is now automated, so my site should always have the latest and greatest, without (much) human intervention.

I'm not yet able to accept requests for custom charts for contest areas and the like. I did the one for the Nephi area just to prove I could do it, but it was a pretty time-consuming process. I might do one or two more if I get bored again sometime. The Nephi chart is available for downloading at the same location as the other sectionals.

As with everything on soaringdata.info, GlidePlan sectionals are completely free. Other stuff on the site includes:

- Current US airport information in formats supporting most glide
computers, and planning software (see the airports tab)
- Special Use and ATC-controlled airspace, including popular soaring
formats as well as those that support certain recreational GPS
receivers (see the Airspace Tab)
- US TFR airspace (See the TFRs tab)
- Current US sectional charts in formats supporting SeeYou and Google
Earth

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

Sectionals for GlidePlan 2KA Soaring 20 June 9th 14 09:43 PM
Sectional Charts on Soaringdata.info 2KA Soaring 0 April 8th 14 09:46 PM
US TFR's now on soaringdata.info 2KA Soaring 0 January 4th 12 12:39 AM
Automatic boundary calculation on www.soaringdata.info Andrzej Kobus Soaring 0 June 30th 11 01:54 AM
www.soaringdata.info hints (US) 2KA Soaring 0 March 25th 11 04:43 PM