Coupled Landing

Old January 15th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tech Support

Default Coupled Landing

Rode thru my first coupled landing last week at SFO.

737-800, Wx 100 ft & 1/8 mile forecast in Bay Area Fog.

I never saw ground before we touched down. Pilot said he only touched
controls after rolling down R/W and he went into reverse thrust with
engines.

Touch down was smoother than VFR Pilot landing back at IAH on return
leg.

What was that cartoon titled ??? "Born 70 Years Too Soon" )

Big John
Old January 17th 09, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Tech Support wrote in :

Rode thru my first coupled landing last week at SFO.

737-800, Wx 100 ft & 1/8 mile forecast in Bay Area Fog.

I never saw ground before we touched down. Pilot said he only touched
controls after rolling down R/W and he went into reverse thrust with
engines.

That's the only thing he would have had to do, in fact. Even nosewheel
steering would have been guided by the AP

Touch down was smoother than VFR Pilot landing back at IAH on return
leg.

usually is. The consistencey is astonishing, really.

What was that cartoon titled ??? "Born 70 Years Too Soon"

Or too late. Think the pilot could have handled an American Eaglet?

Bertie
Old January 17th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Tech Support wrote in :

Rode thru my first coupled landing last week at SFO.

737-800, Wx 100 ft & 1/8 mile forecast in Bay Area Fog.

I never saw ground before we touched down. Pilot said he only touched
controls after rolling down R/W and he went into reverse thrust with
engines.

That's the only thing he would have had to do, in fact. Even nosewheel
steering would have been guided by the AP

Touch down was smoother than VFR Pilot landing back at IAH on return
leg.

usually is. The consistencey is astonishing, really.

What was that cartoon titled ??? "Born 70 Years Too Soon"

Or too late. Think the pilot could have handled an American Eaglet?

Bertie

Most anything hi tech would astonish you.

Old January 17th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Tech Support wrote in
:

Rode thru my first coupled landing last week at SFO.

737-800, Wx 100 ft & 1/8 mile forecast in Bay Area Fog.

I never saw ground before we touched down. Pilot said he only
touched controls after rolling down R/W and he went into reverse
thrust with engines.

That's the only thing he would have had to do, in fact. Even
nosewheel steering would have been guided by the AP

Touch down was smoother than VFR Pilot landing back at IAH on return
leg.

usually is. The consistencey is astonishing, really.

What was that cartoon titled ??? "Born 70 Years Too Soon"

Or too late. Think the pilot could have handled an American Eaglet?

Bertie

Most anything hi tech would astonish you.

Oh ouch. Wannabe boi is having another shot at Bertie..

Bertie SOOOO depressed!

Bwawhahwhahwhha!

Bertie

Landing Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 August 3rd 07 05:01 AM
Autopilots and coupled approaches BDS Piloting 5 April 2nd 07 05:20 PM
A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear Lufthansi Piloting 18 July 19th 06 05:13 AM
A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear Hansi Instrument Flight Rules 1 July 17th 06 04:01 AM
Coupled approach? Roy Smith Instrument Flight Rules 22 September 29th 04 09:46 PM