Answers to questions asked in previous threads my new toy

Old April 10th 05, 09:14 PM
Jack Allison

Default Answers to questions asked in previous threads my new toy

Something strange is happening with my news server...not all
posts/replies are showing up so I can't answer folks asking questions
about N2104T. I'm able to see everything with Goggle groups though.
I'd reply from there but am wondering about being spammed as you need to
provide a valid e-mail address to register. Anyone have experience with
Goggle groups and have any issues in this regard?

Ok, now to the aviation related content...

Jay H. - First of all, thanks for posting everything in the Rogue's
gallery. Seller located in NC. Yep, Dad owned the airplane and
lives in NC. Daughter flew the airplane and lived in CO. Yes, the more
I look at/learn about N2104T, the better it gets. Digging through the
logs, we keep finding more evidence of a well maintained plane.

Bill S. - If you can make it from San Diego to Sacramento, I'd love to
show you N2104T. Any excuse to get out the airport works for me.

Allen L. - Yes, only having one door isn't the best configuration. Ah,
Piper didn't ask me when they designed it...so I have to live with it I
suppose. You have two doors, my wheels go up and down. To each his
own, eh? :-)

Matt B. - Didn't know of the GAMI advanced pilot seminar. Sounds like
something to checkout and possibly attend. Thanks for mentioning it.

Jim B. - I like your version of the "playback button" much better. That
way, when I mess up a landing, I can playback a good one for the pax
just to prove that I can indeed land without it feeling like an F-18
hitting the carrier deck. :-)

Robert G - Yes, I'm in the Sacramento area. Currently based at MCC but
eventually will be at LHM once a hanger opens up.

If I've left anyone out, my apology. Hopefully, this post shows up on
my news server and I can reply.

My apology for creating a few jealous rental pilots out there. To make
it up, I'll gladly offer you a ride should 1) I ever be in your neck of
the woods or 2) You're in the Sacramento, CA area. Not sure if this
will help or not since actually flying in the plane may only increase
the jealousy factor. Worth the risk? Hmmm, tough call. :-)

By the way, I was able to log my first 1.4 of maneuvers, emergency gear
extension, landings, etc. Basically, anything other than flying
straight and level cross country. I had a blast. Things are a bit
busier in the pattern (especially when the pesky CFII does things that
cause you *not* to get 3-in-the-green when you lower the gear). Maybe
it was just me but making my initial radio call to my home field was
very cool.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old April 10th 05, 11:46 PM
houstondan

keep 'em coming.

although i can't claim you created my ownership envy, you've certainly
aggravated the heck out of it.

yep, i want to buy a ship which was owned and maintained for his
daughter by a loving daddy.

i google group and if you figure out how to do it right, including the
e-mail thing, let me know too.

dan

Old April 11th 05, 04:07 AM
kage

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Something strange is happening with my news server...not all posts/replies
are showing up so I can't answer folks asking questions about N2104T. I'm
able to see everything with Goggle groups though. I'd reply from there but
am wondering about being spammed as you need to provide a valid e-mail
address to register. Anyone have experience with Goggle groups and have
any issues in this regard?

You could just get a Gmail (Google) account.

Karl

Nice Arrow.

If it's set up like other Piper retracts I flown, there is one "Getcha" that
got me and most everyone I ever gave dual to. If the panel (or is it the
position lights, it's been a long time) lights are on the gear lights
automatically dim. On a bright sunny day they appear to be off.

Old April 11th 05, 07:46 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-04-11, kage wrote:
If it's set up like other Piper retracts I flown, there is one "Getcha" that
got me and most everyone I ever gave dual to. If the panel (or is it the
position lights, it's been a long time) lights are on the gear lights
automatically dim. On a bright sunny day they appear to be off.

Is that not true of other makers' retracts? Piper obviously knew about
it a long time ago -- one of the first steps of the emergency gear
extension checklist for the Comanche (printed on the bottom of the panel
you remove) is to try turning off the nav lights.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old April 12th 05, 01:42 AM
Ken Reed

If it's set up like other Piper retracts I flown, there is one "Getcha" that
got me and most everyone I ever gave dual to. If the panel (or is it the
position lights, it's been a long time) lights are on the gear lights
automatically dim. On a bright sunny day they appear to be off.

Is that not true of other makers' retracts? Piper obviously knew about
it a long time ago -- one of the first steps of the emergency gear
extension checklist for the Comanche (printed on the bottom of the panel
you remove) is to try turning off the nav lights.

Not the manual gear Mooneys. But then again, there is no emergency gear
extension checklist for those models either . . .

KR
Old April 12th 05, 03:57 AM
kage

It certainly is not universal. Mostly a Piper thing.

Karl

Old April 12th 05, 02:21 PM
Aaron Coolidge

kage wrote:
: It certainly is not universal. Mostly a Piper thing.

: Karl

All 3 Mooneys that I have flown have the same feature. M20J, M20K, M20R.
Switching the nav lites ON dims the whole annunciator panel. Of course,
there's that mechanical pointer in the floor....
--
Aaron C.
Old April 12th 05, 06:24 PM
Frank Stutzman

Aaron Coolidge wrote:
kage wrote:
: It certainly is not universal. Mostly a Piper thing.

All 3 Mooneys that I have flown have the same feature. M20J, M20K, M20R.
Switching the nav lites ON dims the whole annunciator panel. Of course,
there's that mechanical pointer in the floor....

As does my '49 Bonanza.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"