43 years

Old November 22nd 06, 03:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Parisey

Default 43 years

For us who were alive that day, sadly we all remember where we were, thanks
for posting your photos. BTW; where have those 43 years gone?

--
mikey p

Sealy, TX!

Old November 22nd 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
glenn Jacobs

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:31:23 GMT, Mike Parisey wrote:

For us who were alive that day, sadly we all remember where we were, thanks
for posting your photos. BTW; where have those 43 years gone?

Well I was about 4 miles from where he was shot and even closer to
Parkland. I still have the clippings from the Dallas Morning News of that
morning running down Kennedy. Drove under the triple underpass a couple of
days later and never have I seen so many flowers.

That having been said, I have never thought that Kennedy was a good
president, but there is no way he could have been as bad as LBJ.

JakeInHartsel
Old November 22nd 06, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang

Since this is an aviation oriented NG and not a nostalgia dump, my assassination-day predicament may be of interest to some. I was a Patrol Plane Commander in VP-23 out of NAS Brunswick, Maine, and had departed Brunswick with my crew in LJ-9 around ten-thirty to relieve as the Officer-in-Charge of the four-plane Patrol Unit at Leeward Point, Guantanamo, Cuba enforcing the post-Cuban-crisis surveillance of Caribbean traffic. I had just passed abeam of MIA on airways and was about to switch to over-water frequencies when we heard the news which I put on the aircraft ICS to "all-stations" and we all had our gasps and gollies. The question was, at that point, did the Cubans do it and if so, what were we doing penetrating their airspace and how would they react. Since we simply had no idea about the circumstances, I felt I didn't have much choice but to drop down below any radar and punch in at 300 feet or so until we got where we were going. Well, everything was cool - the Cubans were as surprised as we were and all ended well, but every year around this time I remember the day and the flight and like the previous poster, wonder where the days and years have gone....
Old November 23rd 06, 01:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dick[_2_]

As a young man, I was involved with the Bay of Pigs invasion.
It wasn't until we returned to the States with our collective tails
between our legs that I became aware of political forces.

I agree LBJ was far worse.

90 years old Flyingmonk Owning 1 May 15th 06 09:34 PM
Fly-in B&B for new years Nick Kliewer Piloting 11 December 27th 05 11:44 PM
Fly-in B&B for new years Nick Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 11 December 27th 05 11:44 PM
14 years gone Phantom Blot Military Aviation 1 February 22nd 04 02:29 AM
100 years Gunnar Military Aviation 6 December 18th 03 09:58 AM