Sea Wings pin?

Old September 9th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default Sea Wings pin?

It's only taken a couple or three
weeks to get the pins in the mail, from two different offices.

What do you do with your pins? Not a jewelry person myself, sometimes I
use them as a tie tack, but that's when I wear a tie, and only sometimes
then. I put them on a jacket collar once, but it seems like a lot of
"look at me".

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.
Old September 9th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

You have them all on a cap or vest as bragging rights at the
airshow or convention.

m...

Old September 10th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:
You have them all on a cap or vest as bragging rights at the
airshow or convention.

"Jose" wrote in message
m...
| It's only taken a couple or three
| weeks to get the pins in the mail, from two different
offices.

| What do you do with your pins? Not a jewelry person
myself, .....

I don't even have 200 hours total time. I don't have bragging rights
for much. If I wore a pin around someone who knew what it was,
he/she'd likely be far more experienced than I am.

The pins are for me. I earned them; I'm proud of them. I am also
proud of my Soaring Society A and B pins. I'll get more of all of
these as time goes by (and the jobs stabilize??)

I'm going to fix up some kind of plaque-like thing for my office/den at
home. Once in a while I'll look up and say "Yeah, I did that."
Collect the whole series!

Old September 10th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Sounds like a good plan.

Sounds to me like you have a good head and that qualifies
for bragging.

wrote in message
ups.com...

| Jim Macklin wrote:
| You have them all on a cap or vest as bragging rights at
the
| airshow or convention.
|

| "Jose" wrote in message
| m...
| | It's only taken a couple or three
| | weeks to get the pins in the mail, from two
different
| offices.
| |

Old September 11th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:
Sounds like a good plan.

Sounds to me like you have a good head and that qualifies
for bragging.

Well, I'm consistent. Once in a while I'll do something, um,
"different", at work, and someone will ask "Where'd you leave your
head? At home?"

(Uh, yeah. I didn't want to brag....)

((That sounded funny when I wrote it. What was I thinking?.....)

Old September 23rd 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

Robert

Sounds like you got what we used to call "Leg Spreaders" that were
handed out by the Airlines in the early days )

Still have some in my errata box along with my Cmd Pilot Wings from
USAF.

Big John

On 8 Sep 2006 08:47:14 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

I just got my phase 1 sea wings in the mail. It doesn't seem to have
anything specific to sea on it. Its just two big wings with a globe in
the middle. I thought it was suppose to have an anchor on it or
something? The certificate they sent me says "Sea Wings".

-Robert