Quiet Vent

Old September 23rd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Quiet Vent

I finally installed Bumper's Quiet Vent. I must admit I was first a bit
intimidated by the length of the instructions, until I realized all I
need to do is to stick it...
It works! I can now hear my vario when the vent is open. Thanks Bumper.

Ramy

bumper wrote:
The Quiet Vent kit has been re-designed. The new design provides the same 10
db noise reduction* as the original design. However it is more robust and
less "fiddly" to install.

To order, send $5 USD and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:

John Morgan
194 Taylor Creek Rd.
Minden, NV 89460

Money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied (simply return QV).
Also, any original design QV that proves defective may be returned for a new
design QV at no charge.

* Noise reduction measured with the pop-out side vent fully open (this is
the vent in the sliding Mecaplex window) and was measured at pilot's head
level while at 60 knots in my ASH26E).

Also available, the MKII "high tech" yaw string. Clear turbulator base,
natural wool yarn - $9 USD.

Old September 23rd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Yeah, my Quiet Vent is still sitting in my car, since it looked like it
would take all day to install it.

Old September 23rd 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Ramy,

Thanks for the review!

" . . . stick it . . .", huh?! - - grin

Well, it is important to at least "stick it" on straight. Will readily admit
I tend to be a bit verbose w/ instructions. After all, how could a simple
"stick it" require one whole page with a picture too?

Notwithstanding, if anyone doesn't get their QV stuck on just right (after
reading those instructions), please return QV (with SASE) for free repair or
replacement. Satisfaction is guaranteed.

Winds out of the NE, so awesome ridge flying on the eastern slopes of the
Sierra today . . . looks to be the same tomorrow . . . Woohooo!!

all the best,

bumper
Minden, NV

ups.com...

Old September 23rd 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I also purchased a quiet vent, it makes a substancial difference in the
noise created by the vent and I now leave mine open more often.

The best $5 improvement you could make, so incredibly simple
but very effective, bumper must be one clever fellow!

Joe asw24

Old September 23rd 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

I too ordered and installed the Quiet Vent. I gave another to a
friend. Simple to install and well worth the money. THANKS.

Old September 25th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_1_]

I also installed one, a nice improvement.

BTW I also installed Bumpers yaw string. This one has much better
adhesion than standard tape, and looks really neat.

Cheers

Darryl Ramm

Old October 27th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

ps.com...

Ramy wrote:
It works! I can now hear my vario when the vent is open. Thanks Bumper.

Ramy

Money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied (simply return
QV).
Also, any original design QV that proves defective may be returned for
a new
design QV at no charge.

I wasn't too clear on the return-exchange policy. If you bought an old one,
you don't have to wait for it to break or fail. You may simply return it for
a new, better one - - free!

The original Quiet Vent attached to the vent hinge block and can be
recognized as the seal is flat. The original design may come loose if
subjected to freezing tempertures and mechanical stress. The new improved QV
design attaches to the inside surface of the flip-out vent handle (i.e. the
clear adhesive strip is at the rear most edge of the QV). The new QV can be
easily recognized as it is not flat, having a crease or bend next to the
adhesive strip. If you purchased the original design QV, even if it is
functioning properly, you may return it for a free replacement with the new,
improved QV design.

return to:

John Morgan
194 Taylor Creek Rd.
Gardnerville, NV 89460

If you haven't purchased a QV yet, and would like one, please send $5 and a
SASE to the above address. If ordering from outside the US, price is $6 and
no need for SASE.

thank you,
--
bumper ZZ
(reverse all after @)

Quiet Vent Ron (RW) Soaring 26 June 30th 18 04:31 PM
Tail Vent? jjcact Soaring 1 June 10th 05 03:10 PM
Schempp-Hirth water Ballast Cap vent Mod Paul M. Cordell Soaring 11 May 25th 05 10:33 PM
Finding vent hole in wing skin Martin Eiler Soaring 7 November 21st 03 01:44 PM
Any planes remotely quiet? Chris Hoffmann Owning 3 July 27th 03 06:13 AM