Meigs now enjoyed by all!

Old July 15th 05, 06:01 PM
Andrew Gideon

Montblack wrote:

The new owners are not allowed to do any extra things to attract birds,
have bee hives, or grow tall trees, etc.

How can they be "not allowed" to have bee hives? As fast as I kill the
damned things, they return. I wish they were outlawed. They I could get a
cop to ticket them or something.

Perhaps I can get my town to cite the hives for violating zoning laws?

Laugh

- Andrew

Old July 16th 05, 12:26 AM

Andrew Gideon wrote:
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

That would make 30,000 that have shown an interest in piloting. How well
are they served?

Beyond which, anyone that would be willing to pay to be flown via private
charter is forced to use the further, busier, and more congested airports.
How many dollars is that costing that city, as business executives etc.
choose to spend their money in more friendly towns?

Remember: to these people time is money. They may not care about Chicago's
vandalism, but they do care that Chicago is willing to cost them time. So
elsewhere they go.

And, of course, the dollars they're not spending in Chicago are also not
being spent again by the people in Chicago not receiving them. But that's
a multiplier, and the OP has already explained that this is too complex a
concept (ie. Econ 101) to follow.

Its too crowded already, cars making right turns are frequently blocked
by pedestrians.

"Travel to Chicago surpassed pre-9/11 levels for the first time last
year, with domestic leisure travelers leading the surge and
contributing to healthy weekend occupancy rates at downtown hotels.

A record 31.9 million visitors flocked to the city, a 7 percent
increase over 2003 and a slight rise above 2000 levels, according to
estimates the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau will release
Tuesday.

"This speaks volumes to the fact that things are improving," said
Christopher Bowers, chief executive of the bureau. "Our location helps
and our facilities--Navy Pier, McCormick Place, our hotels, our
cultural venues, our restaurants, Millennium Park--they help amplify
it."
Domestic business travel grew by 5.5 percent over 2003, but at 13.2
million visitors it remained below the 2000 level of 13.9 million.

The convention bureau has not yet released 2004 data on attendance at
trade and consumer shows, which has been declining since 2000.

The bureau did release other data, however, showing that the number of
group meeting travelers has remained fairly constant since 2000.

And while the comeback in domestic business travel has been more muted
than for leisure travel, Chicago ranked as the No. 1 business travel
city last year, ahead of Orlando and New York, according to D.K.
Shifflet.

The city also saw a 20.6 percent increase in travelers from overseas,
to 935,000. This remains below the 2000 level of 1.35 million."

Stay away, we're full, NUMBER 1 in business travel--JG

Old July 16th 05, 12:32 AM

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Isn't partaking of something paid for by someone else your definition of
mooching?

The PUBLIC PARKS are open until 2300, no alcohol. The view is
spectacular, a great skyline and Soldier Field, NFL mega-mooch for another
n.g..

There happens to be some familiar amplified sound in the area and the
local harbor guards don't question anyone stopping and listening.
Maybe a young kid will listen and be inspired to learn music, or they
can drop in LANSING for a plane ride, their choice.

But isn't partaking of something paid for by someone else your definition of
mooching?

Mooching is the McNicoll County Concert Authority collecting property
taxes
to pay for $15,000 worth of tickets each, for 450 Pilots, ooops,
people.

A "calculation" thats "perhaps" wrong by a factor of TEN.

Yes, the benefits may actually be far greater.

I see we agree on something.

Which is it? 8 or 4 miles like you posted in 2003:

What we agreed on is that GA capacity in the CGX area has been zero since
CGX was closed.

"The revenues from Clear Channel will find their way to Daley's
pocket."

Simple logic. You don't really believe he'd have a public asset like CGX
destroyed without personal gain do you?

Then give your evidence to US attorney Fitzgerald, he'll look at it
after
he finishes with the traitors.

JG

Most?

Yes, most. Have you ever been to Chicago?

Native Born, JG

Old July 16th 05, 12:57 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
oups.com...

Its too crowded already, cars making right turns are frequently blocked
by pedestrians.

The parks aren't crowded.

Old July 16th 05, 01:05 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mooching is the McNicoll County Concert Authority collecting property
taxes to pay for $15,000 worth of tickets each, for 450 Pilots, ooops,
people.

Never mind, I think we've established your level of integrity.

Then give your evidence to US attorney Fitzgerald, he'll look at it
after he finishes with the traitors.

Are you kidding? In Chicago Daley is above the law.

Native Born, JG

Apparently you've never spent much time near Meigs.

Old July 16th 05, 09:10 PM
Doug Semler

In oups.com,
slavered, and posted this:
George Patterson wrote:
Judah wrote:

"Land is expensive." So let's take a wonderful historic public airport
that produced revenue and tear it down to install a public park so that
people can take their dogs to defacate..

Not cleaning up is a citable violation. The plan is for a "Nature
Park". IMHO,
Shelter Island in San Diego Bay is a good mixed-use project.

???? Shelter Island (note: not an island but more of a promontory) is
nothing but Hotels and private marinas....

--
Doug Semler
http://home.wideopenwest.com/~doug_semler

Old July 17th 05, 07:33 PM

Andrew Gideon wrote:
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

That would make 30,000 that have shown an interest in piloting. How well
are they served?

Beyond which, anyone that would be willing to pay to be flown via private
charter is forced to use the further, busier, and more congested airports.
How many dollars is that costing that city, as business executives etc.
choose to spend their money in more friendly towns?

Remember: to these people time is money. They may not care about Chicago's
vandalism, but they do care that Chicago is willing to cost them time. So
elsewhere they go.

And, of course, the dollars they're not spending in Chicago are also not
being spent again by the people in Chicago not receiving them. But that's
a multiplier, and the OP has already explained that this is too complex a
concept (ie. Econ 101) to follow.

Well, some creatures will be flying on NI:

"The Chicago Park District agreed this month to convert part of the old
airport terminal at Meigs Field into the city's first wildlife
rehabilitation center. Located within earshot of the new Charter One
Pavilion on Northerly Island, the facility will provide emergency care
to hundreds of birds found injured in the Loop. Organizers hope to open
the facility by the end of July or early August.

The plan is in the early stages, and the location is likely temporary
as Park District officials craft the 78-acre peninsula into a multisite
nature preserve."

- Andrew

Old July 17th 05, 11:25 PM
Dave Stadt

wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Gideon wrote:
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

[...]

A bit of the fox telling the farmer what a good job he has done guarding the
hen house. Drivel hardly worth reading except for comic relief.

Old July 17th 05, 11:26 PM
Dave Stadt

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Its too crowded already, cars making right turns are frequently blocked
by pedestrians.

The parks aren't crowded.

Actually they are.......homeless, drug addicts, drug dealers, muggers, etc.

Old July 18th 05, 11:30 PM

..

There are NO entries on my RESIDENTAL PROPERTY TAX BILL for:
-DuPage Bum Authority (many churches provide shelter services thru
PADS)
-Hoover Dam
-Yosemite NP
-Waikiki Beach
-New Jersey Turnpike
-Golden Gate Bridge

There is for the DPA.

JG

The Airport Authority now collects about $6.5 million annually in real
estate taxes--about 20 percent of its $29.9 million a year budget.