Flarmview versus Flarmview 57

Old July 19th 19, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

Default Flarmview versus Flarmview 57

I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"
Old July 19th 19, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Michael

There are variety of Flarm Displays the new LXNAV TrafficView is an big improvement over the Flarmview. The LXANV TrafficView also includes navigation.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lxnav_accessories.htm

Air-Avionics also has a very nice display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old August 1st 19, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 11:47:58 AM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
Michael

There are variety of Flarm Displays the new LXNAV TrafficView is an big improvement over the Flarmview. The LXANV TrafficView also includes navigation.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lxnav_accessories.htm

Air-Avionics also has a very nice display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

These two options appear to be newer and improved options for a PowerFlarm display : LxNav TrafficView and ATD-57. Does anyone have an opinion on which would perform better? Thanks for all the responses thus far.
Old August 1st 19, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 5:07:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 11:47:58 AM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
Michael

There are variety of Flarm Displays the new LXNAV TrafficView is an big improvement over the Flarmview. The LXANV TrafficView also includes navigation.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lxnav_accessories.htm

Air-Avionics also has a very nice display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

These two options appear to be newer and improved options for a PowerFlarm display : LxNav TrafficView and ATD-57. Does anyone have an opinion on which would perform better? Thanks for all the responses thus far.

Both the LXNAV TrafficView & the Air-Avionics ATD-57 are similar and a big improvement in visibility and the way the targets are displayed. The TrafficView also has a navigation function.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/trafficview.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old August 2nd 19, 09:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

Both the LXNAV TrafficView & the Air-Avionics ATD-57 are similar and a big improvement in visibility and the way the targets are displayed. The TrafficView also has a navigation function.
http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm
http://www.craggyaero.com/trafficview.htm
Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Will either of them display targets from an adsb-in receiver, such as the Scout?

Old August 4th 19, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

torstai 1. elokuuta 2019 3.07.38 UTC+3 kirjoitti:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 11:47:58 AM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
Michael

There are variety of Flarm Displays the new LXNAV TrafficView is an big improvement over the Flarmview. The LXANV TrafficView also includes navigation.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lxnav_accessories.htm

Air-Avionics also has a very nice display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

These two options appear to be newer and improved options for a PowerFlarm display : LxNav TrafficView and ATD-57. Does anyone have an opinion on which would perform better? Thanks for all the responses thus far.

I have ATD-57. It has hardware and display that is head and shoulders above anything by LX, huge contrast and brightness with anti-glare coated display. It works perfectly and customer support is excellent as always.
Old July 20th 19, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 8:58:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"

I've had both, and settled with the Flarmview57. Fits in panel and I have had no issues reading the screen. I do wear glasses , no problems.
Old July 20th 19, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 9:25:48 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 8:58:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"

I've had both, and settled with the Flarmview57. Fits in panel and I have had no issues reading the screen. I do wear glasses , no problems.

I have been flying with the 57mm version for a number of years. I strictly use it for traffic awareness, nothing else. Readability is good.
Old July 20th 19, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"

I jus flew for a week with the new LXNAV traffic monitor, and that's what I would recommend. Flarmview and flarmview 57 have the same size screen. I came to hate my Flarmview and it's interface.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
WTB LX Flarmview Roy B. Soaring 1 June 4th 18 08:02 PM
FS LXNav FlarmView $160 OBO Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 0 March 14th 18 07:39 PM
For sale: 302 with ENL and FlarmView 57 [email protected] Soaring 1 May 3rd 17 11:54 PM
FlarmView 57MM F/S. Tom Kelley #711 Soaring 3 November 4th 16 03:31 AM
LXNAV Flarmview [email protected] Soaring 2 September 29th 13 01:47 AM