Oldest Operational Boeing 707?

Old August 19th 03, 06:36 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

Default Oldest Operational Boeing 707?

In article ,
James Anatidae wrote:

I remember reading somewhere a couple years back that one of first couple of
707's is still flying somewhere in the US, I think in Florida. I haven't
been able to Google any info, so does anybody know the plane I'm taking
about and if so is it still flying?

Are you thinking of N70700, Boeing's first 707 prototype (367-80,
aka Dash 80)? It's kept in Seattle and Boeing still flies it out for
airshows and such.

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...&keywrange=all

Old August 19th 03, 10:26 AM
Christopher

N70700 is now in the Museum of Flight WA.
N707GE is still flying - owned and operated by General Electric [707 321F -
April 1960]
a couple of older models are with the Embassy of Saudi Arabia and the
Israeli Air Force [1959]

Old August 19th 03, 11:21 AM
JMS

Somewhat related by the Australian Air Force does still have at least 1 707
which is sometimes used by the Prime Minister. Unfortunately no Air Force 1
for the Aussie PM.

--
Goliath & Wildwing's Storage Room
http://anatidae.homestead.com/frontdoor.html

Old August 19th 03, 12:01 PM
JMS

"Frank" wrote in message
u...

"JMS" wrote in message
Somewhat related by the Australian Air Force does still have at least 1

707
which is sometimes used by the Prime Minister. Unfortunately no Air

Force
1
for the Aussie PM.

The Pime Minister uses 2 Boeing BJ.

Frank

Yes, I've seen these but it was only relatively recently (last 12months or
so) on a trip he made to Singapore I did see a 707 on the tarmac and could
only assume that he came in on that aircraft.

Old August 19th 03, 02:44 PM
Boxall's Accommodation

"Frank" wrote in message . au...

snip
The Pime Minister uses 2 Boeing BJ.

snip

John Howard looks more like a BJ man than Simon Crean!
Old August 19th 03, 03:31 PM
Christopher

N707JT - built 1964 and has a stage 3 hushkit - wow

"Lou Minatti" wrote in message
om...
"James Anatidae" wrote in message

I remember reading somewhere a couple years back that one of first

couple of
707's is still flying somewhere in the US, I think in Florida. I

haven't
been able to Google any info, so does anybody know the plane I'm taking
about and if so is it still flying?

FWIW, John Ravolta owns and regularly flies a 707-138B.

Old August 19th 03, 03:32 PM
Robert Moore

"James Anatidae" wrote
I remember reading somewhere a couple years back that one of
first couple of 707's is still flying somewhere in the US, I
think in Florida. I haven't been able to Google any info, so
does anybody know the plane I'm taking about and if so is it
still flying?

I don't know if any of them are still flying, but as a flight
crewmember at PanAm, I logged a lot of flight time in four of
the first six B-707-121s. N-707PA--N712PA. N-708PA and
N-709PA had crashed before I joined the company in 1967.

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727
PanAm (retired)
Old August 19th 03, 05:07 PM
Christopher

N707PA - broken up in Miami 1988
N712PA - broken up Taipei 1984

. 6...

Old August 19th 03, 05:19 PM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
Christopher wrote:

N70700 is now in the Museum of Flight WA.

But it's still flying every now and then. Go to www.airliners.net
and search for N70700. The most recent pictures are from August 2.

N707GE is still flying - owned and operated by General Electric [707 321F -
April 1960]

Nope, it hasn't flown for a while. Has been sitting at MHV for years.

a couple of older models are with the Embassy of Saudi Arabia and the
Israeli Air Force [1959]

These, too, are collecting dust on the ramp somewhere.

Are you getting your data from Bill Harms' jet aircraft census?
An excellent resource, but not 100% reliable.