Converting LXN log files to IGC with Windows 7 64-bit

Old March 27th 12, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO

Default Converting LXN log files to IGC with Windows 7 64-bit

The "conv-lxn.exe" application I previously used to convert .LXN files to .IGC does not work with 64-bit Windows. I was unable to find any kind of upgrade or update at http://lxnavigation.si/.

I am BACK IN THE AIR and have no way to prove it!

~ted/2NO
Old March 27th 12, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

2NO wrote:
The "conv-lxn.exe" application I previously used to convert .LXN files to .IGC does not work with 64-bit Windows. I was unable to find any kind of upgrade or update at http://lxnavigation.si/.

Try this one:

http://max.kellermann.name/download/...el/lxn2igc.exe

I have reverse engineered it a few years ago to have something for
Linux, but since now Windows people can't run DOS programs either, it
might be helpful for you, too.

It's a command-line program, not so user friendly, sorry. Copy it to
the directory that contains the LXN files, open a command prompt
there, and type:

lxn2igc the_file_name.lxn

Please give feedback if that works. I think I have never tried it on
Windows.

(Yes, it also runs on Linux and Mac OS X and any other operating
system. Ask me if you need that. It's free software, the source code
is available.)

Max
Old March 27th 12, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Tim Newport-Peace ] wrote:
I notice the each record in the generated file ends CR/CR/LF instead of
CR/LF and this may upset some viewers.

Also, the generated file fails integrity checks, so cannot be used for
Badges/Records/OLC.

Is this only due to the CR/CR/LF problem, or is the G record wrong?
Please drop me an email with a sample file.

Max
Old March 27th 12, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Open the LXN file in SeeYou then Ctrl+S or File Save as IGC and you're done.

IGC file will even validate just fine after this procedure.

Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old March 27th 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Tim Newport-Peace ] wrote:
I notice the each record in the generated file ends CR/CR/LF instead of
CR/LF and this may upset some viewers.

Thanks for the test file; I have uploaded a new version of my lxn2igc
program with a fix for this problem:

http://max.kellermann.name/download/...el/lxn2igc.exe

I can't remember where I put my copy of VALI-LXN, please see if this
version fixes the validation problems.

MAx