accident at 2005 junior worlds

Old February 14th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default accident at 2005 junior worlds

On Feb 14, 3:52 am, Owain Walters
wrote:

I am not ashamed to admit that one of those photos
is of me.

Neil, whom was my team manager at the time of the photo,
is the guy in the blue t-shirt in the foreground.

Owain, Did you know that Neil was there taking photos? Was the way
you flew influenced in any way by the possibility you could be the
subject of a great photo?

thanks

Andy

Old February 14th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BB

Please dont forget that this death was caused by incredibly
poor airmansihp. Not bad rules or practices.

I've read a lot of this sort of post in this thread -- one bad pilot,
one lout who ruined it all for us, and so forth. Yet the AAIB report
was very explicit that everyone else at this comp was doing exactly
the same thing, and many others cleared the hedge and spectators by
only a few feet.

What exactly was the "poor airmanship" that so distinguished this
particular pilot? From reading the report, it seems 20 pilots played
Russian Roulette with the same gun; one hit the chamber with the
bullet. Well, he just showed poor gunmanship.

John Cochrane

Old February 14th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alistair Wright

Mr Law wrote:

..........to further
the cause of the minority of nasty vindictive power
crazed fun killing safety Nazis instructors who are
slowly destroying gliding membership with their nanny
state type ways.

Two things he

Firstly, I take it that the persons who taught you to fly Mr Law were not
'Nazis', or were they, because they insisted on you not killing yourself?

Secondly, it is fortunate for you that you are not a UK citizen otherwise
you would be helping the police with their enquiries. It is a CRIMINAL
offence to call anyone a 'Nazi' in the UK.

Please moderate your language on this forum. I'm surprised that the
moderator tolerates your input.

Alistair W

Old February 14th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lew Hartswick

Alistair Wright wrote:

Secondly, it is fortunate for you that you are not a UK citizen otherwise
you would be helping the police with their enquiries. It is a CRIMINAL
offence to call anyone a 'Nazi' in the UK.

Please moderate your language on this forum. I'm surprised that the
moderator tolerates your input.

Alistair W

Firstly there is not such a thing as a moderator on this usenet
group.
Secondly I'm surely glad I'm not in the UK if calling some of the
"flakes" in the environmental movement Nazis would get me in trouble.
Now I'll admit using some words that conote color etc could get
you in trouble here.
...lew...
Old February 14th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Werner Schmidt

Hello Alistair,

Please moderate your language on this forum. I'm surprised that the
moderator tolerates your input.

this is not a forum but a newsgroup. This is usenet. It's free and not
moderated. For good.

Werner
Old February 14th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

On Feb 14, 3:23 pm, Lew Hartswick wrote:

Secondly I'm surely glad I'm not in the UK if calling some of the
"flakes" in the environmental movement Nazis would get me in trouble.

There is no such law in the UK (beyond the normal libel laws).
However, it does break Godwin's Law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.
There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a
comparison is made, the thread is over, and whoever mentioned the
Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress."

Dan

Old February 14th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jono Richards

do any of you yanks watch the driving programme Top
Gear? the recent episode was them on a road trip through
some of the southern states across the pond..

I'm surely glad I'm not in the USA...

Old February 14th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fbrahic

do any of you yanks watch the driving programme Top
Gear? the recent episode was them on a road trip through
some of the southern states across the pond..

Ah yes, what a great show... Obviously though, that episode was a mix
of both reality and selective focus. Alot of what you saw in there was
indeed real, but that doesn't mean that it's entirely representative
of an entire nation.

On Feb 14, 1:40 pm, Jono Richards
wrote:
do any of you yanks watch the driving programme Top
Gear? the recent episode was them on a road trip through
some of the southern states across the pond..

I'm surely glad I'm not in the USA...

At 15:24 14 February 2007, Lew Hartswick wrote:

Secondly I'm surely glad I'm not in the UK- Hide quoted text -

Old February 15th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Feb 14, 2:40 pm, Jono Richards
wrote:
do any of you yanks watch the driving programme Top
Gear? the recent episode was them on a road trip through
some of the southern states across the pond..

I'm surely glad I'm not in the USA...

Hmm, I was so disappointed when I got to the UK after watching Monty
Python's Flying Circus.

I thought it would be just like the TV show...

66