Aircraft N number

Old November 12th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default Aircraft N number

On Nov 10, 10:08 pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Nov 10, 5:08 pm, Lew Hartswick wrote:

Where would I look to find who is/was the owner of a power
plane ( small side by side seating "Piper" looking ) seen
in a movie?
N97422
Any Ideas? Thanks.
...lew...

N9742Z is a C206, Any chance you got the number wrong? Which movie?

I recall two sci-fi movies with taildraggers as part of the plot ...
The original War of the Worlds ... but I think you may be thinking of
This Island, Earth ... where the plane gets sucked up into the belly
of a saucer, etc ... here is the link.

http://www.classicscifi.com/index.ph...emid=31&sku=86

Old November 12th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

On Nov 12, 7:28 am, "Ken Kochanski (KK)"
wrote:
On Nov 10, 10:08 pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:

On Nov 10, 5:08 pm, Lew Hartswick wrote:

Where would I look to find who is/was the owner of a power
plane ( small side by side seating "Piper" looking ) seen
in a movie?
N97422
Any Ideas? Thanks.
...lew...

N9742Z is a C206, Any chance you got the number wrong? Which movie?

I recall two sci-fi movies with taildraggers as part of the plot ...
The original War of the Worlds ... but I think you may be thinking of
This Island, Earth ... where the plane gets sucked up into the belly
of a saucer, etc ... here is the link.

http://www.classicscifi.com/index.ph...le&Itemid=31&s...

The preview actually shows the scene you were discussing.

http://www.classicscifi.com/index.ph...le&Itemid=31&s...

Old November 13th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce B.

Whoops, I mistyped the reg number in my search posted earlier. Funny
that it returned another Stinson.