Flying IFR with out STAND BY Vac & electrical is insane!

Old March 27th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Flying IFR with out STAND BY Vac & electrical is insane!

Flying IFR without a stand by Vaccum system AND some form of
INDEPENDENT back up electrical that can power the entire aircraft
power buss is INSANE!!!!!!

Old March 27th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Flying IFR without a stand by Vaccum system AND some form of
INDEPENDENT back up electrical that can power the entire aircraft
power buss is INSANE!!!!!!

Why? Care to quote some accident numbers?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old March 28th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Don't feed the no-code, loser, troll...

denny

Old March 28th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Longworth[_1_]

On Mar 27, 10:19*am, Ross wrote:

What if one flies with a wet vacuum pump? Pretty much bullet proof.

Ross

Ross,
I am not sure about wet vacuum being bullet proof. I recalled doing
some extensive searches on the cost/benefit tradeoff of getting a wet
pump or a backup vacuum pump and came across reports of sudden
catastrophic failures of wet pumps. I ended up just replacing my dry
pump with one with good reliability record/ long warranty life and
adding a Precise Fliight backup system. Wet pumps may not fail
frequently but they are not totally bullet proof.

Hai Longworth
Old March 28th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Longworth wrote:
On Mar 27, 10:19 am, Ross wrote:
What if one flies with a wet vacuum pump? Pretty much bullet proof.

Ross

Ross,
I am not sure about wet vacuum being bullet proof. I recalled doing
some extensive searches on the cost/benefit tradeoff of getting a wet
pump or a backup vacuum pump and came across reports of sudden
catastrophic failures of wet pumps. I ended up just replacing my dry
pump with one with good reliability record/ long warranty life and
adding a Precise Fliight backup system. Wet pumps may not fail
frequently but they are not totally bullet proof.

Hai Longworth

I have heard of catastrophic failures but rather slow degrading. In any
event, they are better than the dry. I will clean the belly anytime.

Ross

insane IMC Napoleon Dynamite Piloting 20 August 4th 06 05:32 PM
The insane spitfire video clip Highwood General Aviation 1 December 1st 03 12:48 AM
The insane spitfire video clip Highwood Piloting 1 December 1st 03 12:48 AM
The insane spitfire video clip gatt Piloting 95 November 10th 03 05:57 AM
The insane spitfire video clip gatt General Aviation 30 November 4th 03 07:43 PM