Where does this prop go?

Old April 29th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
aieo

Default Where does this prop go?

I have a prop, no idea for what type it's for. It's in excellent condition.

Does anyone know what it's for?

Here is the info stampoed on the hub. Prop is 74 3/4" long. Eight bolts.

On the prop, following info:

McCauley KlipTip Met-L-Prop
SN# 6834
DES. IA 170
7654
TC 857

I can e-mail a photo.

Old April 29th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

It usually goes on the front of the airplane. Bolted to the crankshaft.

You asked. :-)

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 29th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John[_9_]

On Apr 29, 9:18*am, "aieo" wrote:
I have a prop, no idea for what type it's for. It's in excellent condition..

Does anyone know what it's for?

Here is the info stampoed on the hub. Prop is 74 3/4" long. Eight bolts.

On the prop, following info:

McCauley KlipTip Met-L-Prop
SN# 6834
DES. IA 170
7654
TC 857

I can e-mail a photo.

There should be more letter/number combinations after the 1A170 but
basically it is approved for any normal category tractor type
aircraft. The type certificates show various Stinson, Piper, Cessna,
Aeronca types as being eligible for the 1A170 style propeller.

John Dupre'
Old April 29th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 29, 9:40*am, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote:
* It usually goes on the front of the airplane. *Bolted to the crankshaft. *

* You asked. *:-)

Some of our more irrational friends bolt it to the top of the craft.

-Robert
Old April 29th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Apr 29, 11:06 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Some of our more irrational friends bolt it to the top of the craft.

-Robert

And some of the more creative ones put a clock in it and hang
it on the wall.

Dan
Old April 30th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BT

wrote in message
On Apr 29, 11:06 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Some of our more irrational friends bolt it to the top of the craft.

-Robert

And some of the more creative ones put a clock in it and hang
it on the wall.

Dan

I've seen it pushing airplanes also..
BT

Old April 30th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Apr 29, 5:16 pm, "BT" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 29, 11:06 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Some of our more irrational friends bolt it to the top of the craft.

-Robert

And some of the more creative ones put a clock in it and hang
it on the wall.

Dan

I've seen it pushing airplanes also..
BT

I have a McCauley Kliptip 71-44 I made into a floor lamp back when
we got married 30 years ago. Hideous thing, but my dear wife doesn't
like to trash anything I build. Got to watch what I make, now.

Dan

Old May 1st 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

John wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:18 am, "aieo" wrote:
I have a prop, no idea for what type it's for. It's in excellent condition.

Does anyone know what it's for?

Here is the info stampoed on the hub. Prop is 74 3/4" long. Eight bolts.

On the prop, following info:

McCauley KlipTip Met-L-Prop
SN# 6834
DES. IA 170
7654
TC 857

I can e-mail a photo.

There should be more letter/number combinations after the 1A170 but
basically it is approved for any normal category tractor type
aircraft. The type certificates show various Stinson, Piper, Cessna,
Aeronca types as being eligible for the 1A170 style propeller.

Thel number on the next line I believe is the rest of the number.
It's the diameter and pitch which.

Right prop, wrong prop? Wood prop, metal prop? Gus Rasch Aerobatics 1 February 14th 08 10:18 PM
AD NSI CAP Prop Ghost Home Built 19 November 3rd 04 03:42 AM
static prop hub for T-6 prop ralph peterson Aviation Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 04:06 AM
Hydraulic CS prop converting to Adjustable prop? Scott VanderVeen Home Built 0 December 5th 03 05:54 PM
Metal Prop vs. Wood Prop Larry Smith Home Built 21 September 26th 03 07:45 PM