Safety Review for 2011 US Contests by John Cochrane

Old December 16th 11, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default Safety Review for 2011 US Contests by John Cochrane

BB's very thoughtful and comprehensive review of safety issues in the
2011 US contests is now posted on the SSA website:
http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=6310235857

For the Rules Committee
John Godfrey (QT)
Old December 17th 11, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well worth reading . Some great reminders about important things to
constantly be thinking about when flying into or over unfamiliar or
less than friendly landing areas . Thanks for the analysis BB.

ZA.
Old December 17th 11, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I need some advice on how to get that review. If I follow the links I get into a vicious circle: the "Rules & Process" Page and the link on rhs of that, which gets me to a page with this: John's very thoughtful and comprehensive review of safety issues during 2011 is posted here. poking on he "here" link, get me back to the "Rules & Process" Page.
(And I thought I was computer smart???)
Heinz
Old December 17th 11, 07:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow!!!
Now I find out that I cannot read.
Please ignore my previous post.
I found the great article.
Thanks for providing it.
Heinz
Old December 17th 11, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Dec 17, 12:39*am, wrote:
Wow!!!
Now I find out that I cannot read.
Please ignore my previous post.
I found the great article.
Thanks for providing it.
Heinz

Don't feel bad. I didn't find it the first time I looked either and
was only prompted to look again by your post. Like you I assumed that
"here" would link to the file and not to a page where I had to look
for the file.

Thanks to John, not only for preparing the report, but also for
sharing it with all of us.

Andy (GY)
Old December 17th 11, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

QT,

Thanks for posting. I read BB's review, and I thank him for his
analysis.

A question for you or others on the RC. I read the Guide to Competion
and the 2011 RC minutes, and saw that both mention a Guide to the
Rules. I was not able to find this document. Where is it? (I did find
the rules themselves.)

-John (Q3)

Old December 17th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Disregard my previous message. I discovered that the Guide to the
Rules is Appendix A in the rules documents. Reading the Guide over
quickly, I can certainly understand the RC discussion about the need
for simplifying this Guide, ie, generating a Rules for Dummies.

-John