LK8000 Portrait mode in PC sim mode

Old December 24th 11, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default LK8000 Portrait mode in PC sim mode

Is it possible to run the LK8000 PC sim (v2.3) in portrait mode?

Cheers, and Merry Xmas to all,

Kirk
66
Old December 24th 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Yes, Kirk.

Assuming Windows, go to the shortcut you use to launch the LK8000 sim
mode (if you don't have a shortcut, make one). Right click it, and on
the Shortcut tab, edit the Target line. There probably is something
there right now. Add a double quote in the front of that something,
and end the something with the string LK8000-PC.exe -480x640". Note
that the something must start and end in double quotes!

There are other resolutions you can run at, both landscape and
portrait, see the manual and simply replace the -480x640 with the
resolution you want, preceeded with the minus sign.

-John

Old December 24th 11, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Dec 24, 12:42*pm, jcarlyle wrote:
Yes, Kirk.

Assuming Windows, go to the shortcut you use to launch the LK8000 sim
mode (if you don't have a shortcut, make one). Right click it, and on
the Shortcut tab, edit the Target line. There probably is something
there right now. Add a double quote in the front of that something,
and end the something with the string LK8000-PC.exe -480x640". Note
that the something must start and end in double quotes!

There are other resolutions you can run at, both landscape and
portrait, see the manual and simply replace the -480x640 with the
resolution you want, preceeded with the minus sign.

-John

John, that doesn't work on my Win7 shortcut - I get an error message
saying that "The name 'C:Users\...\LK8000\LK8000-PC.exe -480x800'
specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file
name are correct."

There are double quotes in the file name in the Target box, single
quotes in the error box.

The shortcut works just fine, otherwise.

Any ideas?

Kirk
Old December 24th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Dec 24, 4:21*pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
[...]

Ok, disregard - it works if the shortcut is to the .exe on an SD card,
NOT to a directory on the C drive.

Odd.

Thanks!

Kirk
Old December 24th 11, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Kirk,

Hmmm - I'm running v2.2e (the last stable release) under Win XP Pro,
and the -480x640 resolution works fine.

480x800 is definitely one of the selectable resolutions, according to
this site:
http://lk8000.it/faq/62-running-lk-o...reen-size.html
Maybe selecting one of the other 3 resolutions listed will help on
your machine?

The other possibility is that they eliminated this resolution feature
in v2.3, which are development versions.

-John

Old December 24th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

this site:http://lk8000.it/faq/62-running-lk-o...how-to-run-lk-...
Maybe selecting one of the other 3 resolutions listed will help on
your machine?

The other possibility is that they eliminated this resolution feature
in v2.3, which are development versions.

-John

John, there may be some differences between XP and 7. Using the
shortcut to the SD card, I can select 480x640 or 480x800 with no
problem, but the displays do not look correct on the screen - compared
to pictures of 480x800 PNAs running LK8K in portrait.

I'll keep playing with it.

For the life of me I do not understand why anyone would want to run a
moving map in landscape. I don't care what is to the side of me - I
want to see what is in FRONT of me!

Cheers,

Kirk
Old December 24th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

[...]

I ended up using the 272x480 size and it looks correct on my PC.

Kirk
Old December 25th 11, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Kirk,

Glad you got it working. I don't understand why it only works for you
under 7 when you go to the SD card. Under XP Pro my shortcut points
directly to the exe on the hard drive (target looks like the one you
cited), and it runs just fine. Guess they made changes to Windows so
we could all have to learn more to accomplish the same thing...

-John

Old December 25th 11, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Depending on your UAC settings you may need to configure your shortcut
to run as Administrator.

On Dec 24, 8:53*pm, jcarlyle wrote:
[...]

Kirk- Hide quoted text -

Old December 25th 11, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

This is what works for me.

The short cut target is "C:\ ....\LK8000\LK8000-PC.exe" -480x800
The Start in directory is "C:\...\LK8000\

The ... is the path to the LK8000 directory where the application with all
its' associated subdirectories and files are installed.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

"jcarlyle" wrote in message

[...]

Transponder: Mode-C or Mode-S? Morteza Ansari Soaring 27 April 17th 19 05:02 AM
Mode S overload cfinn Soaring 4 September 30th 09 09:07 AM
mode c intermittent skyav8r Owning 0 September 4th 08 01:32 AM
New transponder mode S vs. mode C Tom N. Soaring 39 November 7th 06 07:40 AM
Mode S questoin JerryK Instrument Flight Rules 1 July 17th 03 09:56 PM