No wing runner?

Old August 27th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard

Default No wing runner?

Nah, you guys have all got it wrong! Fly a 1-26!
You will land out far more often, get lots more practice
at no wing runner takeoffs, and you have those big
a$$ tip wheels built in! :-)

Steve Leonard
(Never flown a 1-26, but I learned in a TG-3A)

Old August 27th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Ash

Steve Leonard wrote:
Nah, you guys have all got it wrong! Fly a 1-26!
You will land out far more often, get lots more practice
at no wing runner takeoffs, and you have those big
a$$ tip wheels built in! :-)

If you land a 1-26 in a space large enough to accomodate a tow plane,
you're doing it all wrong.

--
Michael Ash
Rogue Amoeba Software
Old August 27th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 27, 5:36 am, Steve Leonard
wrote:
Nah, you guys have all got it wrong! Fly a 1-26!
You will land out far more often, get lots more practice
at no wing runner takeoffs, and you have those big
a$$ tip wheels built in! :-)

Steve Leonard
(Never flown a 1-26, but I learned in a TG-3A)

I often wondered about those tip wheels!!

I mean where basic understandings of drag and wing tip airflow even a
consideration in the 1-26.

Regards

Al

Old August 28th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Aw, c'mon, guys! You're acting like your ancestors
didn't climb down out of the trees; well, maybe your's
are still up there. What's wrong with heritage gliders?

wrote:

Nah, you guys have all got it wrong! Fly a 1-26!
You will land out far more often, get lots more practice
at no wing runner takeoffs, and you have those big
a$$ tip wheels built in! :-)

Steve Leonard
(Never flown a 1-26, but I learned in a TG-3A)

I often wondered about those tip wheels!!

I mean where basic understandings of drag and wing
tip airflow even a
consideration in the 1-26.

Regards

Al

Of course not.There were this pair of barn doors and
an orange
crate around and ......... :-)
...lew...

Old August 28th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lew Hartswick

Nyal Williams wrote:
Aw, c'mon, guys! You're acting like your ancestors
didn't climb down out of the trees; well, maybe your's
are still up there. What's wrong with heritage gliders?

I'm sure you drive a Model T car also. :-)
...lew...
Old August 28th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

If I had one I would! They were and are fun. Some
people collect them and drive them for a lark -- the
kind of experience you can't get from a new, high-end
car which would doubtless be more comfortable and more
efficient.

Old August 28th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Ahh yes, the pleasures of a sports canopy (open cockpit, to those not
familiar with the breed) 1-26 on a warm summer afternoon, coring a
corn husk - marked thermal, chilling out at cloud base - then barely
making it back to the field after drifting downwind....

Drag, I spit in your face!

Kirk
66

Old August 28th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

kirk.stant wrote
Drag, I spit in your face!

I fart in your general direction.

Tony "ducking" V.

No wing runner? JJ Sinclair Soaring 9 August 27th 07 11:50 AM
Soft field landings - low wing vs high wing aircraft Justin Gombos Piloting 19 May 23rd 07 05:21 AM
Books on Military Rotary Wing to Civilian Fixed Wing Transition? Greg Copeland Piloting 5 May 2nd 07 03:23 AM
Anyone building/flying a Ridge Runner? Russell Duffy Home Built 10 September 16th 05 02:58 PM
Mylar tape wing seals - effect on wing performance Simon Waddell Soaring 8 January 1st 04 04:46 PM