Delaware gliderports or clubs

Old November 8th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
01-- Zero One

Default Delaware gliderports or clubs

Are there any?

Larry

01 "zero one"

Old November 8th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 8, 4:08 pm, "01-- Zero One" wrote:
Are there any?

Larry

01 "zero one"

Larry,

The closest gliderports/clubs to Delaware are in SE Pennsylvania:
Toughkenamon, PA: Brandywine Soaring (club)
Morgantown, PA: Black Diamond Soaring (commercial op), Cloudniners
(club)
Hilltown, PA: Philadelphia Glider Council (club)

There's also a group in Churchville, MD: Atlantic Soaring Club

The SSA website has a nice "Where to Fly" interactive map (http://
www.ssa.org/sport/wheretofly.asp) to help anyone locate soaring sites.
It provides the contact info for the clubs and commercial ops as well.

Janine Acee
SSA Governor - PA East

Old November 8th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

I think Larry just wanted someplace where he could go to set a bunch
of State Records :-) IIRC, there are no records yet for
Delaware...

P3

Old November 9th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lew Hartswick

wrote:
On Nov 8, 4:08 pm, "01-- Zero One" wrote:
Are there any?
Larry
01 "zero one"

Larry,

The closest gliderports/clubs to Delaware are in SE Pennsylvania:
Toughkenamon, PA: Brandywine Soaring (club)
Morgantown, PA: Black Diamond Soaring (commercial op), Cloudniners
(club)
Hilltown, PA: Philadelphia Glider Council (club)

There's also a group in Churchville, MD: Atlantic Soaring Club

The SSA website has a nice "Where to Fly" interactive map (http://
www.ssa.org/sport/wheretofly.asp) to help anyone locate soaring sites.
It provides the contact info for the clubs and commercial ops as well.

Janine Acee
SSA Governor - PA East

There use to be one over in NJ near Princeton. I havent been in
the area for quite a few years, my brotherinlaw died that lived
there.
...lew...
Old November 9th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
01-- Zero One

Default Delaware gliderports or clubs -- Another tack

"01-- Zero One" wrote in message
:

Are there any?

Larry

01 "zero one"

Ok, let me try again...

Any sleepy little private strips or fly-in communities where I might
rent a parking place for my glider trailer?

Just curious...

Larry

Old November 9th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

On Nov 8, 4:28 pm, wrote:

On Nov 8, 4:08 pm, "01-- Zero One" wrote:

Are there any?

Larry

01 "zero one"

Larry,

The closest gliderports/clubs to Delaware are in SE Pennsylvania:
Toughkenamon, PA: Brandywine Soaring (club)
Morgantown, PA: Black Diamond Soaring (commercial op), Cloudniners
(club)
Hilltown, PA: Philadelphia Glider Council (club)

There's also a group in Churchville, MD: Atlantic Soaring Club

The SSA website has a nice "Where to Fly" interactive map (http://www.ssa.org/sport/wheretofly.asp) to help anyone locate soaring sites.
It provides the contact info for the clubs and commercial ops as well.

Janine Acee
SSA Governor - PA East- Hide quoted text -

Strange that there are no DE records ... I had a 15M/Open 200K speed
record ... and Tom Smith and others had records prior to me. The
'old' state record system listed them ...

KK

Old November 9th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 8, 4:28 pm, wrote:

[...]

I think you mean Stan Smith, not Tom. Stan (my father) lived in
Newark, DE for many years (Tom was from upstate NY).

In the early '60s, there were soaring operations at Lovett Airport,
near Newark. My father's logbook includes a flight from Newark to
Newport News, VA. The log entry indicates that the flight set a state
goal and distance record.

My father was SSA's DE governor for many years, and his files might
contain more information about state records, but I haven't pored
through them lately.

Delaware LLC Owned Aircraft California Based Aircraft ChrisEllis Piloting 6 January 17th 06 04:47 AM
Delaware Mid-Air? john smith Piloting 1 July 11th 05 03:44 AM
Delaware Corp. Hankal Owning 2 December 18th 03 05:04 PM
Clubs Chris G. Piloting 2 July 23rd 03 09:24 PM
Delaware Corporation for Aircraft Owners Paul Millner Owning 2 July 5th 03 03:26 AM