Checklist

Old March 21st 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry D. Cosby

Default Checklist

Hi, I was wondering what the acronym GUMPS stood on a landing checklist.
Larry

Old March 21st 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Larry D. Cosby" lcosby at knology dot net wrote in news:3e97f
:

Hi, I was wondering what the acronym GUMPS stood on a landing

checklist.
Larry

Gas Undercarriage Mixture Prop

Never heard the S before.

There used to be CIGARTIP

Which was:

Controls, Instruments, Gas, Altimeter. can't remember the 'R', Trim 'I'
I don't know either and Props

Good one for simple lightplanes is CIGMFT. (Cig means fine tobacco)

Controls Instruments Gas Mixture Flaps Trim.

Betie
Old March 21st 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 3:46 pm, "Larry D. Cosby" lcosby at knology dot net
wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what the acronym GUMPS stood on a landing checklist.
Larry

A pre landing check, critical in Complex airplanes (defined as
controllable prop, flaps, and retractable gear)

Gas
Undercarriage
Mixture
Prop
Seat Belts, Switches
Old March 21st 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Larry D. Cosby wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what the acronym GUMPS stood on a landing checklist.
Larry

There are a few versions, but one widely used is;
Gas,Undercarraige,Mixture,Prop, Safety Harness

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 21st 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what the acronym GUMPS stood on a landing checklist.
Larry

A pre landing check, critical in Complex airplanes (defined as
controllable prop, flaps, and retractable gear)

Gas
Undercarriage
Mixture
Prop
Seat Belts, Switches

Or for people who are worried about a gear-up, it's

Gear
Undercarriage
Make sure the gear is down
Put the gear down if it isn't
See the gear down lights?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"I find your lack of clue...disturbing" - SithAdmin Vader.
Old March 21st 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 3:53 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Larry D. Cosby" lcosby at knology dot net wrote in news:3e97f
:

Hi, I was wondering what the acronym GUMPS stood on a landing

checklist.
Larry

Gas Undercarriage Mixture Prop

Never heard the S before.

There used to be CIGARTIP

Which was:

Controls, Instruments, Gas, Altimeter. can't remember the 'R', Trim 'I'
I don't know either and Props

Good one for simple lightplanes is CIGMFT. (Cig means fine tobacco)

Controls Instruments Gas Mixture Flaps Trim.

Betie

Neither of those had a gear check?

Unless R stands for "Retractable?"

Old March 21st 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in news:252806d9-1056-4209-b52b-
:

Why would you need a gear check for takeoff?

Bertie

Oh good lord, man.

To make sure they're down!

*geeez.*

Old March 21st 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in news:252806d9-1056-4209-b52b-
:

Why would you need a gear check for takeoff?

Bertie

Oh good lord, man.

To make sure they're down!

*geeez.*

I would have thought the difficulty in turning the engine over would
suffice. Though I bet it's been tried!

Bertie

Checklist use Private Piloting 2 February 12th 08 08:25 PM
747-100 Checklist Bartscher General Aviation 0 December 18th 04 07:20 PM
Checklist 101 (was How Low to Spin?? stephanevdv Soaring 2 September 7th 04 12:41 AM
C-180 100 hr checklist ConchyJoe Owning 1 May 3rd 04 11:53 PM
Checklist binder? dougdrivr Restoration 0 November 5th 03 03:55 PM