A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Diana-1 trailer question

Old February 16th 14, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO
external usenet poster

Default Diana-1 trailer question

My SZD-51-1's trailer did not come with any instructions and I'm trying to understand something basic about the (rear) end cap.

It has a hinge and electrical connector at the top, leading me to believe that the intent is to lift the cap up on its hinge and prop it up somehow.

There is also a mechanism for hand-mounting the cap on the side of the trailer with wood pegs and tabs. But I think this was an after-market addition. If not, I suspect the intent is to mount the end cap there in high wind conditions.

There are a pair of what look like prop rods that came with the trailer that look like they should be for holding up the end cap, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how they're supposed to work. (And if they're not for the end cap, then what are they for?)

thanks

~ted/ES
Old February 21st 14, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 1:51:20 PM UTC-8, 2NO wrote:
My SZD-51-1's trailer did not come with any instructions and I'm trying to understand something basic about the (rear) end cap.

It has a hinge and electrical connector at the top, leading me to believe that the intent is to lift the cap up on its hinge and prop it up somehow.

There is also a mechanism for hand-mounting the cap on the side of the trailer with wood pegs and tabs. But I think this was an after-market addition. If not, I suspect the intent is to mount the end cap there in high wind conditions.

There are a pair of what look like prop rods that came with the trailer that look like they should be for holding up the end cap, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how they're supposed to work. (And if they're not for the end cap, then what are they for?)

thanks

~ted/ES

I am a bit confused he you asking about a trailer for SZD 51-1 which is the Junior. The Diana 1 is SZD 56-1. I have one of those trailers and maybe can help but quite frankly I don't understand what are asking about. You can contact me in my office jacek dot kobiesa at raypolandandsons dot com.

Jacek
Pasco, WA
Old February 22nd 14, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO
external usenet poster

Thanks Jacek -- I'll contact you by email -- the "51-1" is a typo, should be "56-1".