What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

Old August 12th 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Default What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

After the definitive spanking these two new models gave to the previously dominant ASG-29,
there has to be a superiority. So, what is it?

(And yes, the pilot matters...but look at the results in 18m Worlds competition)
Old August 12th 18, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Nut behind the stick?
Weather that prefers one speed range over another?

Toss a coin.
Old August 12th 18, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 2:20:32 PM UTC-6, Bojack J4 wrote:
After the definitive spanking these two new models gave to the previously dominant ASG-29,
there has to be a superiority. So, what is it?

(And yes, the pilot matters...but look at the results in 18m Worlds competition)

Lets face it ASG29's are as obsolete as Wind Jammers. I expect to see these at Vintage Regatta's soon.
Old August 12th 18, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Lotsa good nuts behind all the sticks there....
....Still, ASG-29 didn't even show.

Hmmm....ASG-29 windjammer cruises?
Old August 12th 18, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Those guys did so well with the V3s and JS-3s because Kawa wasn’t in that class......flying anything.
Old August 13th 18, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I can hear the rapid hand rubbing of many sale guys saying, "we did well, sales will spike!".

Likely 95% is the nut begind the stick. But a sales guy is banking on, "so and so did well as others, this is the poop, go buy one, we'll make a deal.....".
It is still mostly the nut behind the stick.

For Kawa and others, no, I do not consider you nuts.....it's a euphemism.

Heck, in the western US, maybe fly with Ramy and beat him many days, then decide.
US east coast, go beat Karl or SM on ridges....along with others.

No, not slighting anyone, but go beat good in your region all the time, THEN compare ships.
I have beaten some good in the east a day or two, never a contest.

If you're in the 95% or so of your nation for national tanking, yep, maybe the ship matters.

Better yet, go fly a club class nationals and tromp, then ask about ships for other classes.

Harsh?
Likely.
Realistic?
Likely.
Old August 13th 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yep n go fly the 1-26 nationals, that will tell you if its the ship or the "nut" behind the stick.
Old August 13th 18, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Minor tweaks to the incidence distribution.
Old August 13th 18, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Wow, thanks Bob. Finally a real answer.
Was beginning to feel like I was on "The View" or something.

Surprising that what must be be a slight improvement in glide, or climb or whatever would translate to such a dominance at the top level.

Now I'll go fly my beater until I am worthy.
Old August 13th 18, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 2:35:07 PM UTC-7, K m wrote:
On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 2:20:32 PM UTC-6, Bojack J4 wrote:
After the definitive spanking these two new models gave to the previously dominant ASG-29,
there has to be a superiority. So, what is it?

(And yes, the pilot matters...but look at the results in 18m Worlds competition)

Lets face it ASG29's are as obsolete as Wind Jammers. I expect to see these at Vintage Regatta's soon.

I feel really sorry for all the people out there stuck with obsolete ASG29s. I'd love to help all of you somehow, but I'm afraid I can help only one .. so .. the first ASG29 owner to contact me from this post .. I'll take it off your hands for $10k.

IFR Magic video [email protected] Piloting 1 May 22nd 08 01:53 PM
IFR Magic [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 0 May 22nd 08 02:36 AM
MAGIC TRICKS Moci Arane Soaring 0 July 23rd 07 05:56 PM
MAGIC TRICKS [email protected] Piloting 4 July 18th 07 10:07 PM
25 is magic number tongaloa Home Built 13 February 18th 04 02:31 AM