So...What did Santa Bring you?

Old December 25th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default So...What did Santa Bring you?

Ho! Ho! Ho! I'll start -- Santa was good to us this year! He brought
us...

- Rod Machado's DVD "Aviation Humor", Part I
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Pro for the Kiwi
- Some more screwdrivers, pliers, and cordless driver bits for my son
to lose

Nothing specific for Atlas this year, but we just did the 496 panel
dock/XM radio thing, and had to buy a new "Mighty Grape" fuel truck --
so that's enough of an aviation upgrade for our Christmas season...

How 'bout you? Whad'ja find in *your* Christmas stocking?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 26th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Coal! Bah! Humbug!

Old December 26th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

Somehow, Santa managed to stuff a Bose Wave Syatem into Bea's Christmas
stocking this year.
She loves it! She's had it on constantly for the past two days. She's been
into Celtic music ever since Michael Flatly blew her a kiss from the stage
one night when we were attending "Lord of the Dance" :-)
I have to admit it; after watching the Celtic Women perform and seeing
Mairead Nesbitt play the fiddle, I'm a bonafide fan of Irish music now
myself.
Dudley

ups.com...

Old December 26th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven Barnes

Lego Star Wars II game for PlayStation2.

OMG, it's hilarious.

ups.com...

Old December 26th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

wrote:
Coal! Bah! Humbug!

Ah, WTF. Me, too. That's what comes from living alone.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old December 26th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

113 gallons of 100LL....
for 4.5 hours of hobbs time....
to fly my family to my inlaws on Saturday and back home to WI on Monday
morning so we could spend
Christmas with both sides of the family...
smiles all around.
priceless.
GA is great.

Jim

ups.com...

Old December 26th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Whad'ja find in *your* Christmas stocking?

I got a Logitech extreme 3D Pro joystick for Flight Sim so I can
practice my approaches with a twist rudder and a higher quality control
system. Haven't tried it yet (we hosted Christmas) but I'm looking
forward to it.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old December 26th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I got a Logitech extreme 3D Pro joystick for Flight Sim so I can
practice my approaches with a twist rudder and a higher quality control
system. Haven't tried it yet (we hosted Christmas) but I'm looking
forward to it.

You'll like it. Rudder pedals make a world of difference in crosswind
landings!

I just spent the last few hours installing Flight Sim X on the Kiwi (I
gave my desk staff folks off Xmas afternoon/evening off) at the hotel,
tweaking it here and there.

Thus far I'm fairly satisfied with it, since so many people warned me
that it was a resource hog (It's a 15 GIGAbyte program!) and might not
run. Still, I've got the fastest computer money can (reasonably,
relatively speaking) buy, and the best I'm getting out of FSX is 32
frames per second. I've seen it drop as low as 16 FPS.

This isn't bad at all, running two monitors and with the realism set to
high, but it's a far cry from the butter-smooth 55 FPS I was getting on
FS9. Still, it's certainly flyable, and the enhancements to the
program are pretty cool. I've only started to scratch the surface of
what's there, but the mountains are MUCH improved, the turbulence is
pretty authentic, and I like the new aircraft that come with the Pro
version.

And I'm here to tell you that racing the jet truck in an Extra 300
(alongside Patty Wagstaff in HER Extra) is awesome!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA